You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Mike
 Rep: 13 

Re: Most Recent Movie You've Seen

Mike wrote:

The title just about says it all, this is the thread where you discuss about the most recent movie you've seen.

I'll go first. Tonight I watched The Final Conflict (aka Omen III: The Final Conflict). The original is great and  I finally got a chance to watch the two sequels, they were alright, only worth watching once and that's it.

I actually watched Wild Hogs Saturday night on VOD.    I have to say, it was a good movie.   It wasn't completely corny and I have to say John Travolta in most rolls, his acting annoys me, he was great in this as was Tim Allen, Martin Short and William Macy.   I had no clue Ray Liotta or Marrisa Tome were in this so that was a nice surprise.   I wanted to watch a funny movie and my bro said this was good so I tried it, I am glad I did.  22

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I watched the movie Freeway with Reese Witherspoon and Keifer Sutherland earlier tonight. Great film. Had never seen it before. Last night I watched Monster's Ball. Incredible. Hard to believe its been out almost 7 years and I had never watched it, and I am a big movie buff and huge Halle Berry fan.

Jameslofton wrote:

I watched the movie Freeway with Reese Witherspoon and Keifer Sutherland earlier tonight. Great film. Had never seen it before. Last night I watched Monster's Ball. Incredible. Hard to believe its been out almost 7 years and I had never watched it, and I am a big movie buff and huge Halle Berry fan.

Then you must have loved the "scene" that everyone talked about when that movie first came out. :bed:

briggsy
 Rep: 19 

briggsy wrote:

Watched Trasfomers (the new one) the other night. Pretty good movie, although I must say I was expecting a bit more. Wonder if they will come out with another in the future...

russtcb wrote:

I just watched 1408 again the other night. I didn't like it near as much the second time around.

That's weird for me.

I have only watched the movie once and I really enjoyed it but I could see that this is the type of movie, like Sixth Sense, there is no element of surprise at the end, when it all ties together at the end like these movies do,  I feel are only truly good the first time around.

James

James wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

Then you must have loved the "scene" that everyone talked about when that movie first came out. :bed:

I actually thought the scene was a bit overrated. It wasn't bad, I just expected more out of it. Halle is supposed to be a screamer in bed, and she should have expressed that.

Maybe foreign films have raised(or lowered depending on how you look at it) my standards when watching films. Everything that comes out of Hollywood is so cookie cutter safe that I have trouble taking things seriously in alot of their films now.

I also can see 1408 not being a great film to watch multiple times. I'll avoid that one like the plague.

James

James wrote:

None of my Netflix movies arrived in the mail today, so I watched Friday the 13th part VIII. Man, that film does not stand the test of time. Its not being on a boat for most of a movie with Manhattan in the title that kills it, its the G rated vibe this film gives off. As I mentioned at the "other" forum a long time ago, I always considered this the first "MTV movie". It was clearly marketed towards a younger audience. A couple second glimpse of tits and ass with some really lame kills and terrible editing.

Oh well, tomorrow I have some great films to watch from Netflix: Three Extremes....II and The Pursuit of Happyness.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

The Great Escape 22

Need to buy some more films so I have them for the festive season when I do bugger all work 14

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

I watched RISE last night with Lucy Liu, she basically is turned into a vampire and becomes a vampire hunter.  Not a very good movie unfortunately.  On the plus side there were a few topless scenes and a decent ass shot.

Board footer