You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Re: Most Recent Movie You've Seen

AtariLegend wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Mad Max Fury Road

Was really good ... managed to keep the general flavor of the orig trilogy and add a modern twist

That was so much better than I expected it to be. Did you not see it in the cinema this summer Neemo? It really is best with a big screen and loud music.

I wholeheartedly agree with those statements. What a lovely movie!!

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Just read this from Tarantino about It Follows. Basically what we were talking about...

What were your favorite movies this year?

I didn’t see anything this year. I’ve been making this movie for so long. I loved Kingsman. I really liked It Follows

What did you like about it?

It was the best premise I’ve seen in a horror film in a long, long, long time. It’s one of those movies that’s so good you get mad at it for not being great.

How could it have been great?

He could have kept his mythology straight. He broke his mythology left, right, and center."

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
misterID wrote:

He could have kept his mythology straight. He broke his mythology left, right, and center."

Agree with Tarantino (that's a first!). Premise was good, but at the end I was left wondering what the hell all of this was about. Didn't feel very internally consistent.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

He also said he wanted to direct Scream, and pretty much trashed Wes Craven's direction.

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:

Saw Mad Max the Video game. 16

Some of those shots were straight out of Duckhunt. The pace felt like a shooter. You only slow down the action to get some short new mission details. I think the first time the movie took a proper breather was 80 minutes in.

Sure the action was good. Not going to be a classic though. That all female village was a joke to rival the kids in Thunderdome. How does that even work? 14

AtariLegend wrote:

28 Days Later - It just struck me minutes before watching this for the first time in years that the Walking Dead completely rips off sections of this film and even the refusal to call the infected "zombies".

Me_Wise_Magic

Fantastic 4 (2015): Me and my friends couldn't get passed the 30 minute mark. Nothing interesting was happening. It's just exposition, no action, not a whole lot of character development, and scenes feel like they were cut, and trimmed in certain shots. It's very poorly executed. The rumors were true on this one. When I get a better quality version when it's released on TV, I'll watch it. Wouldn't recommend it right now.

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:

Been digging into the Sopranos again. Always amazes me I can discover new things, even after dozens of viewings. Now me and a friend just realized the reasons Tony gets shot by Junior is likely because he is playing into his dementia. Acknowledging that Malanga is alive, bringing J Edgar Hoover into it (I'll get Hoover right on it). Then that old 60s music when he's cooking. Junior must rightly have thought that this was the 60s and his arch enemy Malanga was downstairs.

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:

The Phantom Menace

Ages like fine wine. I actually like Jar Jar now. The prequels are massively underrated.

Me_Wise_Magic

polluxlm wrote:

The Phantom Menace

Ages like fine wine. I actually like Jar Jar now. The prequels are massively underrated.

Oh I agree. They get alot of unnecessary hate. Mainly from fan boys that choose those films to not exist. Which is extremely ignorant. It's as bad as Trekkies bitching about JJ's films. I grew up on the prequels with seeing the original trilogy during the '97 theatrical re-release and my dad having the VHS tapes. I still have fond memories of the prequel trilogy. I still think Episode 2: Attack of the Clones is extremely problematic and is the weakest of the Star Wars films released though. Episode 1 and 3 have so many great moments, casting decisions, battle sequences, and such. I don't get the fuss. They are Lucas's stories the way he wanted them to be told.

Board footer