You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Most Recent Movie You've Seen

AtariLegend wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

The Phantom Menace

Ages like fine wine. I actually like Jar Jar now. The prequels are massively underrated.

RE-watch them now without the pot.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

28 Days Later - It just struck me minutes before watching this for the first time in years that the Walking Dead completely rips off sections of this film and even the refusal to call the infected "zombies".

Yeah always kinda felt that.  Doesn't bother me too much, as I still feel WD is a great show.  imho tho 28 days Later is the best zombie film of all time.

Saw Mall Cop 2, it was good.  A decent sequel for it but some scenes were just a bit of a waste. To be expected tho I suppose, overall I liked it.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

The Phantom Menace

Ages like fine wine. I actually like Jar Jar now. The prequels are massively underrated.

I did! 21

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

The Phantom Menace

Oh I agree. They get alot of unnecessary hate. Mainly from fan boys that choose those films to not exist. Which is extremely ignorant. It's as bad as Trekkies bitching about JJ's films. I grew up on the prequels with seeing the original trilogy during the '97 theatrical re-release and my dad having the VHS tapes. I still have fond memories of the prequel trilogy. I still think Episode 2: Attack of the Clones is extremely problematic and is the weakest of the Star Wars films released though. Episode 1 and 3 have so many great moments, casting decisions, battle sequences, and such. I don't get the fuss. They are Lucas's stories the way he wanted them to be told.

Not old enough to see the OT in theaters, but young enough to see the PT as a teen. Despite some gripes here and there they always felt like Star Wars. The hate that started after TPM cooled my perception a bit, but now I love them again. They tell a different story, that's all.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

polluxlm wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

The Phantom Menace

Oh I agree. They get alot of unnecessary hate. Mainly from fan boys that choose those films to not exist. Which is extremely ignorant. It's as bad as Trekkies bitching about JJ's films. I grew up on the prequels with seeing the original trilogy during the '97 theatrical re-release and my dad having the VHS tapes. I still have fond memories of the prequel trilogy. I still think Episode 2: Attack of the Clones is extremely problematic and is the weakest of the Star Wars films released though. Episode 1 and 3 have so many great moments, casting decisions, battle sequences, and such. I don't get the fuss. They are Lucas's stories the way he wanted them to be told.

Not old enough to see the OT in theaters, but young enough to see the PT as a teen. Despite some gripes here and there they always felt like Star Wars. The hate that started after TPM cooled my perception a bit, but now I love them again. They tell a different story, that's all.

I concur.

AtariLegend wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

The Phantom Menace

I did! 21

Even Attack of The Clones? I think we're about the same age ish. I remember seeing Phantom Menace and enjoying it ish as a kid, but I never felt it was anywhere near the OT. Attack of Clones was the most CGI ish unnatural film I've ever seen, until I seen the Hobbit Part 3 recently.

I was never fond of prequels either when you have a good idea about what the end is. It ruins the sense of threat when you know certain people aren't expendable. The continuity errors caused by the Robots being present/Obi Wan's selective memory later on too just erks (is this even a word?) me.

Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation - Wasn't bad, fairly decent and what you'd expect from a modern day Cruise film and the series. Good solid, but nothing special.

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

I did! 21

Even Attack of The Clones? I think we're about the same age ish. I remember seeing Phantom Menace and enjoying it ish as a kid, but I never felt it was anywhere near the OT. Attack of Clones was the most CGI ish unnatural film I've ever seen, until I seen the Hobbit Part 3 recently.

I was never fond of prequels either when you have a good idea about what the end is. It ruins the sense of threat when you know certain people aren't expendable. The continuity errors caused by the Robots being present/Obi Wan's selective memory later on too just erks (is this even a word?) me.

Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation - Wasn't bad, fairly decent and what you'd expect from a modern day Cruise film and the series. Good solid, but nothing special.

When I first saw AOTC my general impression was that people liked it, especially that Jar Jar wasn't as prominent. Good enough to watch twice back then.

For years though I agreed with your complaints about it. There was even a running joke where someone would suggest we watch Episode 2, since obviously not.

But on rewatches I see the originality. How despite its flaws it is so different from most blockbusters. A proper anti hero, a somewhat subtle plot and daring themes. The music, photography and action I always liked. Maybe it's a consequence of having 5 superhero movies every year that all are the same formula. Compared to those AOTC is a breath of fresh air.

I like the Matrix sequels for the same reason. Flawed as heck, but at least it's what the directors wanted to make.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Legend - really liked it, Hardy's excellent, can't be long before he's getting an oscar. Not sure how 'on the money' he is with the performance having seen both Krays interviewed etc but it's absorbing none the less.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

I saw the new M. Night movie, "The Visit" last week after hearing positive reviews. It's a fun, small horror movie that actually has intentional comedic elements. Good to see the guy coming back abit. Going to take another a couple more movies that are even better than this to return to form. Hope he sticks to smaller budgets and simple concepts. My favorite film of his has got to be, "Unbreakable".

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:

I watched every M Night film since the Sixth Sense, but after The Happening I was traumatized. Such a stinker it boggles the mind.

Considering it though...

Board footer