You are not logged in. Please register or login.

the_real_jessica
 Rep: 22 

Re: Staff cuts hit Geffen. Interscope

Mind this, in France alone, records sales dropped of 20% this year compared to last, and it's been this type of figure every year for the past 5 years.

They think it's downloading that did it.

Sky Dog wrote:

The fact is we are simply making educated guesses because we really don't know anything. Based on past history alone, I would have to believe Axl has something to do with why the record isn't out. :sick:

the_real_jessica
 Rep: 22 

madagas wrote:

The fact is we are simply making educated guesses because we really don't know anything. Based on past history alone, I would have to believe Axl has something to do with why the record isn't out. :sick:

None of us know.

it's both what annoys us and what makes us so interested.

dave-gnfnr2k
 Rep: 11 

dave-gnfnr2k wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:
dave-gnfnr2k wrote:

It is axls fault CD didnt get released this year. He DIDNT HAND IT IN. Its axls fault and if you dont think it is, your a fool. This CD should have been handed in last year and wasnt.

Its funny all these other bands from geffen/interscope can release albums with all these lay offs but Axl cant yet its the labels fault. Wake the hell up

Hey Dave, insults aren't allowed on here, everyone is allowed to have an opinion.  If someone feels it's not Axl fault, they are not foolish, it's an opinion.   You have no idea what the deal is or why this album isn't out or why it's not handed in or maybe it is and Univ. is saying they aren't distributing until Axl agrees to some agreement.   So no one can be the fool, if we don't know.   If Axl ever did tell his story you may just agree with what he's decided to do.

Ok
Is Naive a better word? Or is that still an insult?

dave-gnfnr2k wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:
dave-gnfnr2k wrote:

It is axls fault CD didnt get released this year. He DIDNT HAND IT IN. Its axls fault and if you dont think it is, your a fool. This CD should have been handed in last year and wasnt.

Its funny all these other bands from geffen/interscope can release albums with all these lay offs but Axl cant yet its the labels fault. Wake the hell up

Hey Dave, insults aren't allowed on here, everyone is allowed to have an opinion.  If someone feels it's not Axl fault, they are not foolish, it's an opinion.   You have no idea what the deal is or why this album isn't out or why it's not handed in or maybe it is and Univ. is saying they aren't distributing until Axl agrees to some agreement.   So no one can be the fool, if we don't know.   If Axl ever did tell his story you may just agree with what he's decided to do.

Ok

Sarcasm is a step up but don't get mad just cuz some people may not share in your opinion.

dave-gnfnr2k

dave-gnfnr2k wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:
dave-gnfnr2k wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

Ok

Sarcasm is a step up but don't get mad just cuz some people may not share in your opinion.

Im not mad at all. I just dont see how anyone can blame the record label when the album is not even passed in yet.

dave-gnfnr2k wrote:

Im not mad at all. I just dont see how anyone can blame the record label when the album is not even passed in yet.

and you know this for fact?

i'm done speculating .. its really stupid.    I'm staying out of these threads untli theres a release date or something from Axl, because seeing some of you guys keep stating your opinions like facts gets really annoying.

dave-gnfnr2k

dave-gnfnr2k wrote:
Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:
dave-gnfnr2k wrote:

and you know this for fact?

i'm done speculating .. its really stupid.    I'm staying out of these threads untli theres a release date or something from Axl, because seeing some of you guys keep stating your opinions like facts gets really annoying.

Yes I know it for a fact. My friend knows someone who works at Geffen and as of three weeks ago they dont have the album.

AtariLegend wrote:
dave-gnfnr2k wrote:

My friend knows someone who works at Geffen

Boooooooooo!

...And this goes everyone else who claimed to work in the Music industry or record store or know someone who knows something.

Sky Dog wrote:

Dave, that is very possible(the album not being turned in), but, on the flip side, that doesn't mean Geffen/Intersope/Uni hasn't heard the album and approved of it. Since Axl has been paying for the recordings for 3 years or so, he may not give it to them until they have a final financial plan put in place. He may feel they abandoned the project when they cut off funds and that, he now has just as much share in the ownership of the final album. I am sure you have seen those Adler court sessions, Axl is well aware of his legal options as he was pretty involved in contractual protection of his interests since at least 1989. This thing is the biggest clusterfuck in rock and roll history-hands down. All parties are to blame...including Geffen who blindly threw money at this project for a decade.:headbang:

Board footer