You are not logged in. Please register or login.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

Re: The BATMAN Thread

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Just seen it, very good. Bane was awesome, but Bale, great Bruce Wayne, crap batman.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Nobodies nailed both roles. Keaton was a great batman but no so much as bruce. Kilmer had potential but got a shit film to work with. Bale is a great Bruce and a good batman so for me he's the best overall even if Keaton was a slightly better Batman.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I think I agree with tejastech08's ratings of the three films. The acting in this trilogy has been tremendous, Bane and Catwoman were no exception.

Stacey
 Rep: 31 

Stacey wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic 91 wrote:

She nailed down the mystique, charm, sex appeal, and swagger of the character. It wasn't complex or over the top. She got the essence of Catwoman and Selina Kyle on the do. Nolan is a master at his craft! Now we wait for Man of Steel. I'm sure in a few years, Rises & Bane will be more appreciated as much as Ledger's Joker!

I just can't care that much for Man of Steel at first glance. Maybe it's because my only experiences with Superman are basically just from Smallville, etc.

Anyone have any thoughts to sway me?

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Oh yeah I loved Smallville. Great show. I grew up with Superman because my dad is a big Batman and Superman fan. So we would always watch the WB cartoons and TV shows back in the day. We sometimes go to the movies and watch a big super hero to have some father & son bonding time or whatever. 14 Or I go with some close friends of mine or try to find a date which is a pain in the ass for me now! 16

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Saw The Dark Knight Rises (way later than I should have because of all the bullshit going on in my life).

But I thought it was Very Good, but not as good as Begins and certainly not near as good as TDK.

Hardy turns in a great performance as Bane, as does Hathaway as Catwoman. Everyone's acting is solid, and memorable, including side people.

Despite the extremely long running time, the film never ever drags which is a compliment.

I enjoyed the full circle flashbacks to Begins. It brought the whole thing complete, ala Return of the Jedi or Back To The Future Part III. Like Jedi however, despite everything being executed properly, it just didn't have the same feel as New Hope or Empire Strikes Back. TDKR was kinda the same.

I just didn't find myself enjoying it on the same level as Begins or TDK, but that's not to say it sucked. Absolutely not. It was very good, but it's a little bit lesser than Begins. TDK remains the best overall film.

The ending... hmm, something about it lacked the epic nature of Begins ending, and especially TDK's absolutely perfect ending. But at the same time the ending provided enough closure to leave a satisfying ending.

But if that was the best Nolan had left in his pocket... it ended at just the right time.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

378215_10152043526340397_771098551_n.jpg

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

I could get started, but here's a good point.

Bane keeps talking about The People, but the people of Gotham City do not appear in this film.

The People are entirely absent. Everyone we see dragging rich folks out of their homes, everyone we see freeing the men imprisoned under the Harvey Dent Act, everyone we see fighting the police in the big authority-vs.-rebellion showdown at the end, they’re all Bane’s staff members. The only character with a speaking part who expresses any support for Bane’s agenda and isn’t a known supervillain or paid-up member of the League of Shadows is Selina Kyle’s girlfriend Holly. It’s one of her three lines. Nobody got a SAG card playing a Gotham citizen in this movie; their only role was to cheer Batman in crowd scenes.

This is important: if the people of Gotham are present, then when the enforcement mechanism of the current power structure is removed, the people immediately rise up and overthrow the system. This would imply that Gotham citizens are so oppressed that only brutal enforcement keeps them from naturally rising against this oppression, which makes Bane the good guy. However, the people are not present; only Bane’s thugs rise against the rich. The people are so absent from this movie that, in every single vehicle scene, there are no civilian vehicles on the road. Everything on the road in every scene belongs to either Batman, the cops, or Bane, resulting in some rather odd-looking chase scenes down completely unused urban streets.

- The Good Men Project

AtariLegend wrote:

Problem with people complaining about that, they forget that Bane's lying.

It's the League Of Shadow's agenda to destroy Gotham. Talia's masterplan is just force Bruce to suffer and give false hope. It's a flawed plan alright, but it's clear Bane isn't doing anything for "the people". Ra's her father certainly wasn't doing it for the people in Begins.

...And Juno Temple's character I believe is supposedly called "Jen" not "Holly Robinson".

Board footer