You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Re: The BATMAN Thread

BLS-Pride wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic wrote:

There is definitely a Burton influence with taking the better aspects of the tumbler. She's a beaut!

Yeah I like it better than The Tumbler already. It's got a sweet look. Classic meets modern.

I wholeheartedly agree!

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

The new Joker movie is starting to pick up buzz. Even talk of oscars. Comparisons with Ledger as well.

Looking forward to it.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

I'm cautiously optimistic.

I like Joaquin but Todd Phillips I dunno. Subtly and nuance aren't his strong suit.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I feel Jared Leto kinda got shafted. I thought he had a pretty true to the comic & refreshingly new take on it. Now it seems we're just going back a bit to Heath Ledger's style.  We'll see, I might get annoyed if it's a pretty basic copycat.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

I'm very excited to see this.  I though Ledger was a dolt and could never replace Nicholson, and boy was I wrong.  If this is the deep dive into the joker character, I'm incredibly excited for this.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

I don't care for Leto's acting. He should stick to modeling.

That Joker did have a cool look though.

This is kind of like an inversion of the Ledger character exploring the person behind the comic book character. I don't think that's personally very interesting for the Joker but it's something different at least and I like the unique look.

We will see.

AtariLegend wrote:

Just seen Joker today at the 2:PM showing here.

Cinema was un usually filled out abit for a afternoon showing. It's normally abandoned.

I really like this, but I didn't love it. It's not that the trailer gives away too much, it's that it includes too many scenes from early on the film. So you know what's going to happen in alot of scenes, until the second half.

I can see the criticism of the director being too in love with the scenes, but honestly so what? I don't however get the idea that this is conservative propaganda as some reviewers are desperate to go out about. I think with the early buzz, people were just looking for a reason to hate it. imo just treat it as a film on it's own merits.

Although I would be intrigued to see another film with Joaquin Phoenix, I just don't think it's necessary. This doesn't work if it's a Batman film.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

^^ Interesting review. Haven't seen it, might wait for DVD, but kinda is what I'm expecting.  Good point on it best being a 1 & done.

Board footer