You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: The BATMAN Thread

tejastech08 wrote:

Heath-Joker will own. He already does. If you can't tell, then I feel bad for you. You apparently are as clueless when it comes to the Joker's characterization as Jack Nicholson.

Meanwhile, check this out:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Zox_x636TqE

They put B89 footage with audio from TDK's new trailer.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I didn't realize that Batman discussions could get so heated.:haha:

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

LOL, well the Burtonites are jealous as hell that Batman Begins received a better critical response so they're still living in the past.

That IMDB Top 250 ranking for BB really pisses off the Burtonites.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

LOL, well the Burtonites are jealous as hell that Batman Begins received a better critical response so they're still living in the past.

Actually I'm still remembering the times when Batman SHATTERED all box-office opening weekend figures. And marketing of Batman items was rampant!! Can't say either for poor little BB 16

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

Actually I'm still remembering the times when Batman SHATTERED all box-office opening weekend figures. And marketing of Batman items was rampant!! Can't say either for poor little BB 16

Oh great, the stupid box office argument. Pathetic. Typical garbage from Burtonites. When the quality fails to stand up over time, let's pretend that box office actually matters in the grand scheme of things. 16 50 years of hype will boost any film's box office gross. Batman Begins was the 5th film unfortunately. The Dark Knight will restore Batman as a box office juggernaut though for sure. You can thank Batman & Robin and WB's very subdued marketing for the two biggest reasons that Batman Begins was only a moderate success at the box office. The Dark Knight will be a big hit though for sure. It won't make anywhere near B89's $414 million adjusted gross domestically, but then again it's going to have much darker subject matter and it's the 6th film rather than the first. But hey, if you feel that insecure about the quality of the film that you have to brag about box office, then that's pretty sad. Reminds me of Spider-Man fans. "But the box office..." Yeah, I couldn't give two shits about box office. If box office was the only way to judge a film, then plenty of masterpieces throughout history would be considered failures including a certain masterpiece by Burton called "Ed Wood."

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=edwood.htm

Batman '89's box office gross had far less to do with Burton and more to do with WB's marketing and 50 years of fanboy waiting. Hell, I think Danny Elfman was just as responsible for B89's success as Burton. Elfman's score is incredible, one of the best ever and PERFECT for marketing in trailers.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Mike
 Rep: 13 

Mike wrote:

I'm thankful for the first two Batman movies by Tim Burton because that's how I became a Batman fan when I was a kid but I think Christopher Nolan's take on the character is the real thing.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Mike wrote:

I'm thankful for the first two Batman movies by Tim Burton because that's how I became a Batman fan when I was a kid but I think Christopher Nolan's take on the character is the real thing.

That sums up my thoughts perfectly.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Reminds me of Spider-Man fans. "But the box office..." Yeah, I couldn't give two shits about box office.

I never saw Spider Man.  Or Superman, or the Hulk, or X-Men. The only superhero I like is Batman.

russtcb wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

I was kinda shocked by the same thing.

Yeah it's pretty funny.  14 I don't know whether to feel like an internet nerd or a grumpy old man.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer