You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: The BATMAN Thread

tejastech08 wrote:

$18.38 million on Wednesday. Domestic total is up to over $222 million now. Check this cool fact out. Its 3 weekdays are big enough to be the 4th highest opening weekend of the year behind its own opening weekend, Indy, and Iron Man. It has already set a record for the highest total for weekdays at $63.7 million and will probably be around $80 million through Thursday. Pirates 2 made $60+ million for Monday through Thursday. TDK will also have a second weekend of $70-80 million, meaning that it has three 3-day periods that would be in the top 5 opening weekends of the year. Incredible. It's a lock for $425 million at this point and will probably make $450-500 million.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

TDK will be #1 for at least a month.

nugdafied wrote:

I got to see TDK yesterday & while it's great, it's truly a shame Heath Ledger won't be around for the next one. His take on The Joker really was something special. Eric Roberts was cool too.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

I'm going to see this tonight, I can't wait 9

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
russtcb wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

That and his scene soon after that where he's taunting the guy guarding him are some of my favorite moments.

Absolutely.

Hidden Text:

The interrogation room part is great both with Batman and the cop. It really shows you the philosophical side of the Joker. Burton never came close to portraying that element of the character. The other great scene where we get an insight into his thought process is when he goes to the hospital and talks to Dent. "I'm not a schemer. I just want to show the schemers how pathetic their attempts to manipulate things really are."

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I heard, not counting it's overall gross during the week, that The Dark Knight made another $25 million on Friday alone. They're expecting another $77 million gross for the weekend.

Although it's overall weekend numbers aren't in yet, "The X-Files: I Want To Believe" was DOA on Friday earning ONLY $5 million on it's opening day.

Ouch.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer