You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: The BATMAN Thread

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

I'll go see this in Imax when it's re-released, since i never went when it was originally released.

dr_love6977
 Rep: 38 

dr_love6977 wrote:

I agree with the aforementioned points by Von Solo and tejas earlier about the price of BD. I remember when I bought my first DVD player for about $400. Movies cost about $30 on DVD. Now I'm shopping the BD sales that are between $15 and $25. It's not a more expensive format. It costs just as much as, if not a little less, than DVD cost when it first came out.

dr_love6977

dr_love6977 wrote:

Yeah, I said it in the TDK thread a long time ago that I'd like The Riddler to be really dark. A Hannibal Lechter type. Although I'm sure that poster is fan-made, the tattoos would be a good start.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

The Blu-ray is amazing. I put up with 5 piss-poor presentations of this film in my local theater. The only time until the Blu-ray that I had seen a good theatrical version was the IMAX version, which I saw in Houston. My local theater had the projector dimmed too much so the film was way darker than it should have been, and also the print wasn't exactly the best quality print as far as clarity goes. And to make matters worse, the idiots screwed up the sound. It would drop out right while a person would be talking, in particular the scene where Morgan Freeman is showing Bale his new suit. Every damn time I saw it in the local theater the sound would drop out during a particular line by Freeman.

Anyway, the Blu-ray is awesome and I am so glad to finally be able to again see the movie the way Nolan intended.

dr_love6977

dr_love6977 wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

The Blu-ray is amazing. I put up with 5 piss-poor presentations of this film in my local theater. The only time until the Blu-ray that I had seen a good theatrical version was the IMAX version, which I saw in Houston. My local theater had the projector dimmed too much so the film was way darker than it should have been, and also the print wasn't exactly the best quality print as far as clarity goes. And to make matters worse, the idiots screwed up the sound. It would drop out right while a person would be talking, in particular the scene where Morgan Freeman is showing Bale his new suit. Every damn time I saw it in the local theater the sound would drop out during a particular line by Freeman.

Anyway, the Blu-ray is awesome and I am so glad to finally be able to again see the movie the way Nolan intended.

Lucky.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
dr_love6977 wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Lucky.

Why is that?

dr_love6977

dr_love6977 wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Why is that?

My fiance got me BD for Christmas, so now I have to wait. I would rather have just bought it myself and watched it today.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

The BR format is amazing. Looking at dvd's now is like looking at an old vhs tape. The detail is staggering and you get a completely different movie experience.

Then again, if I'm buying Halloween III I'll go with the dvd. Some movies are meant to be of low quality. Only thing that irritates me is this ridiculous downsizing of the covers. I have over 600 dvds and now I have to put the blu rays by themselves instead of incorporating them into my refined system. If you want to find a movie at my place you need to know your shit.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
dr_love6977 wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Why is that?

My fiance got me BD for Christmas, so now I have to wait. I would rather have just bought it myself and watched it today.

Oh. Yeah, that sucks. One thing I am finding that is badass is BD-Live. They have already added some cool extras to it, including the live performance of the score by James Newton Howard and Hans Zimmer when the film premiered in New York. Zimmer talked about how tough it was to build a stage in the small area at the front of the IMAX theater. 14

And now their performance is actually playing. Cool. I'm having some streaming problems though.

Board footer