You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Mike
 Rep: 13 

Re: The BATMAN Thread

Mike wrote:

I saw this trailer before "I Am Legend," it was much better to see it on the big screen. This is definitely the movie coming out this year that I'm mostly anticipated about.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

This film is going to be massive. It was going to before Ledger's death, but the mystique surrounding this may propel it near some box office records.

Figured I would bump this so you hardcore fans can keep us informed of any news regarding whats going on with the status of the film now that Ledger is dead.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

This film is going to be massive. It was going to before Ledger's death, but the mystique surrounding this may propel it near some box office records.

Figured I would bump this so you hardcore fans can keep us informed of any news regarding whats going on with the status of the film now that Ledger is dead.

I will keep you updated. Here's what I know so far. All of Ledger's parts are FINISHED. He admitted this in an interview in November or December (can't remember exactly when, but it was a video interview). The Dark Knight is currently in post-production. I feel so bad for the people who have to work on post-production, including Chris Nolan himself. Imagine working with someone who is a key part of the movie every day for like a year or longer, and now you have to put the film together in its final form after this person has suddenly died. I imagine they are shell-shocked right now.

James

James wrote:

Yeah, its definitely a fucked up situation. Even worse for the film crew working on post production besides  dealing with the tragedy is there is now zero chance of any reshoots(which do take place for quite a few films). If they notice any mistakes of some sort, they are just gonna have to work editing magic.

I wonder if there's a chance of this film being delayed?

Did the script for this ever leak? I'd like to read it.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:

No, the script never leaked. The Nolan Bros. were very secretive with it. Ironically, Batman Begins' script did leak although a lot of people think it was INTENTIONAL to prove that Batman Begins was a dark, serious Batman movie rather than a campy piece of shit like Batman & Robin or Batman Forever.

James

James wrote:

What's going to suck is if the character's fate is left open for a sequel. I am not a Batman fanatic, so I don't know if the comics ever killed him off or anything, and I don't even remember Nicholson's fate in the old Batman film.

If it is left open for another Joker installment in the franchise, they should just leave the storyline in flux out of respect for Ledger. There's other villains for Batman to fight in numerous sequels.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

What's going to suck is if the character's fate is left open for a sequel. I am not a Batman fanatic, so I don't know if the comics ever killed him off or anything, and I don't even remember Nicholson's fate in the old Batman film.

If it is left open for another Joker installment in the franchise, they should just leave the storyline in flux out of respect for Ledger. There's other villains for Batman to fight in numerous sequels.

Nicholson's Joker dies in Batman '89. And here's the key part to that: Christopher Nolan has openly criticized Burton and Schumacher for killing off the villains, particularly the Joker, in their films. The Joker is like a constant force in Batman's life in the comics. He's not supposed to die. The fact that Nolan criticized the previous franchise for killing the Joker tells me that he was going to be involved in Batman Begins 3. Two-Face is going to be the main villain in BB3, we know that much, but I assumed that Heath Joker would be back to cause hell for Batman AND Two-Face (since Joker doesn't make allegiances...he just kicks everyone's ass). Anyway, I'm guessing that if he does not die in The Dark Knight, he gets put into Arkham Asylum. If this turns out to be the case, and if Nolan even comes back for a third film, I hope Nolan leaves The Joker in Arkham out of respect for Heath. After Nolan is done, I don't care what they do with the Joker. Another director with another actor is fine I suppose, although I would not want to be the actor trying to fill Ledger's shoes. It sounds like an Oscar-calibur performance by all accounts thus far.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Anyone here keep up with the Dark Knight ARG? It's done by 42 Entertainment, same people who did Year Zero, damn those guys know their stuff. I've just recently been catching wind of some of the Harvey Dent stuff, it seems pretty cool. Going to be a great movie.

Bale is perfect for Batman, Ledger seems to be perfect for Joker, and Aaron Eckhart is perfect for Dent (2-Face).

Mike
 Rep: 13 

Mike wrote:

Here's a new poster for this movie. Man, does it looks FUCKING awesome!!!:mosh::rock:

TDK_one-sheet_4-24-08.jpg

James

James wrote:

So the Ledger-less promotion has already started. He's a major character, yet isn't worthy of the latest cover art coming out. Not a smart move in my opinion. If the performance is as good as anticipated, he should not be downplayed.

Board footer