You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Re: The BATMAN Thread

James, I think it's more of a way to keep it a secret. The anticipation for his performance is already so high, they really can only hurt that by showing more of him.

Same thing with Dent. The Two-Face Dent is a thing that Batman fans can't wait to see in this film, and the studio very wisely has kept all pictures of Eckhart as Two-Face under wraps.

Gonna be a kickass movie.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

So the Ledger-less promotion has already started. He's a major character, yet isn't worthy of the latest cover art coming out. Not a smart move in my opinion. If the performance is as good as anticipated, he should not be downplayed.

I think it's more of a way of showing respect for Heath more than anything. 

It's going to be weird enough seeing him in the movie.

Besides we're forgetting these!

fwufpg.jpg

2wqbo1d.jpg

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

I think this is gonna be the best Batman movie ever made 5

Ofcourse anything with Christian is the best wink

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

So the Ledger-less promotion has already started. He's a major character, yet isn't worthy of the latest cover art coming out. Not a smart move in my opinion. If the performance is as good as anticipated, he should not be downplayed.

It's not a Ledger-less promotion though James. 

http://www.whysoserious.com/itsallpartoftheplan/

Saikin

Saikin wrote:

These pics contain spoilers... but they're pretty badass.

I'd suggest the last picture for those who don't really want spoilers.  It gives you a look at Heath without the makeup. 

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff10 … njoker.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff10 … rnurse.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff10 … nurse2.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff10 … police.jpg

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Saikin

Saikin wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Those are pretty bad ass. Where'd they come from?

I got them from another forum.

I just wish that whoever leaked these hadn't of photoshoped them first!

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Burton has admitted that he hardly ever read any comics while researching the character. Ever read any Batman comics from the 70's or 80's? Frank Miller did far more to re-tool the character than Tim Burton.

I believe Dark Night Returns and Killing Joke were the main inspirations for Batman '89, which is why we get the body armor (a rare commodity for Bats, considering) and the Joker born in the chemical vat. As for merging Joe Chill with Jack Napier, I remember reading an interview with Sam Hamm, the original screenwriter, and he was a bit antsy because the studio overruled him and decided Joker and The Bat should have a more clear-cut relationship, in order to make the climax a justifiable homicide, which (the line of thinking, that is) is just bullshit on its own right.

But Burton (and Hamm) got a lot from Miller and Alan Moore, no denying there. Personally, I never saw Burton as Batman revisionist, more like taking the gothic look lacing it with angst-ridden atmosphere that spread from Watchmen in the comic book circles and took it into a certain zenith with his live-action Batmans. Particularly Batman Returns is a good example, as it tells about just how damn hard it is to be a crimefighter when the girls you bed might next night be kicking your ass while wearing drop-dead outfits. While Batman Returns remains as one of my all-time favorites despite the occasional script issues, it's not exactly the sort of epic people have learned to expect from Batman, Superman, or any other comic book figure of a similar stature.

So don't diss Burton too much, as he only had Pee-Wee's Playhouse (even the name of that Reubens character gives me the creeps 18) and Beetlejuice under his belt. He wasn't all that established and frankly, Hollywood hadn't yet gone the comic book route on that level before. They had Superman, but that one had a Siegel/Shuster feel written to it since Day 1 (meaning it felt and looked like a 60's serial) and became rapidly outdated by not only the looks but the behind-the-scenes megalomania. Which sounds a bit like what happened to Batman. Warner never learn, I guess. Once Batman hit the ball out of the ballpark, Burton had greater (self) confidence on the follow-up, which is why it's more distinctly a Burton film, even when I maintain he was representing a certain era of comic books through his own ideas and themes concerning social misfits.

Funny that, Sam Hamm, the original Batman '89 scribe, would go on to write the anniversary mini-series Blind Justice, which I always thought was a rather good, experimental take on Batman/Wayne. I so happy when Nolan took a lot of ideas from Hamm (an amusing turn) to Batman Begins, as Hamm wanted explore similar themes, as in how did Bruce Wayne become Batman, practically speaking. How'd he get his gear, training, etc. Have you read it?

I'm also told Hamm's original draft on Batman is something to behold, which I believe didn't include the Napier/Chill mash-up.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

mr_gone wrote:

posterexclusivoomelete4.jpg

posterexclusivoomelete2.jpg

posterexclusivoomelete3.jpg

Don't think these have been posted here. Thanks to ETS and Mr. Gone.

Board footer