You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: The BATMAN Thread

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Then why was there a $30 SE Blu Ray at Wal-Mart?

There were two entirely seperate Blu Ray's. A $25 bare-bones, and a $30 SE. I looked at 'em when they were released.

Because Wal-Mart is full of shit and probably had their own exclusive disc tacked on. I've noticed they do this with new releases occasionally. There was one Blu-ray officially released by WB. It comes with 2 Blu-ray discs as well as a digital copy on a third disc. Go look at any other retailer and there's only one Blu-ray being sold. It's this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Dark-Knight-Digit … 191&sr=1-3

The cover art at Amazon is the slip cover. The actual cover is this (Batpod slip cover plus Joker cover under it):

new-blu-ray-movie-releases.jpg

The only "special edition" Blu-ray that I know of is the Batpod edition. But it was selling for around $40-50 and still is selling at that price at Amazon. Here's a link to it:

http://www.amazon.com/Dark-Knight-Limit … 191&sr=1-5

Mind you, this Batpod edition is no different in content. The only difference is the packaging. It still has the same 2 discs plus digital copy.

Target had a Batman mask edition, similar to the Iron Man mask edition that they came out with. It's the exact same content: 2 Blu-ray discs, just housed in a Batman mask instead of a Blu-ray case.

But I assure you, the "bare bones" Blu-ray is the equivalent of the SE DVD except with even more features (including some badass stuff on BD-Live, which requires an Internet connection). If WB puts out a SE DVD, then you can be certain that those features will be on the Blu-ray if it is released at the same time as the SE DVD.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
russtcb wrote:

They announced that the first Burton Batman is being released on it's own in May. Really glad that's happening. I couldn't imagine buying all four pieces of shit just to get the good one. Just gotta wait til May now.

"All 4 pieces of shit" would include Burton's first Batman movie since there's only 4 Burton/Schumacher movies. 16

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

There's only TWO pieces of shit. Schumacher's Forever and B&R.

Burton's films rule.

And thx for that info Tejas, good to know.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Burton's films rule.

Precisely. 22

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
russtcb wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Burton's films rule.

Precisely. 22

Sorry about that. Yeah, really I only hated the last two pieces of shit, lol. I loved the first and only thought the second was so so. I probably won't buy that one.

Well now you're getting into even more hot water. The last two Batman movies were Chris Nolan's. tongue 16

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
russtcb wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Sorry about that. Yeah, really I only hated the last two pieces of shit, lol. I loved the first and only thought the second was so so. I probably won't buy that one.

Well now you're getting into even more hot water. The last two Batman movies were Chris Nolan's. tongue 16

HAHAHA.... I hate "Batman Forever" and "Batman & Robin". Is that good enough? 16

And now we finally get to the bottom of this mystery! tongue1622

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:

Well, I received the two volumes of The Animated Series today in the mail. smile

Board footer