You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: The BATMAN Thread

Axlin16 wrote:

I also thought Bane was quite a unique pick, especially for Nolan's swan song to the franchise.

Then again he's known for going off the map with Batman villians (Ghul, Ducard, Scarecrow). TDK was his most mainstream choices (Joker, Two-Face), and obviously a monster of a hit.

I think Nolan's "Batman III" will be a great film, no doubt, but it won't come close to TDK's numbers. Catwoman & Bane ain't gonna be enough. He needs a more popular character to sell, like Penguin, Freeze, Riddler.

I applaud Nolan for making his own Batman universe and adding characters to a casual audiences eyes, who might not of known them outside of The Animated Series. Most of them would only be known from the comics.

Hopefully future Batman films will continue going in this direction, without recasting The Joker for the FOURTH time.

AtariLegend wrote:

Nolan keeps suggesting it's the final film.

I want a "Dark Knight Returns" adaption movie after this.

I think they could do that 10yrs later, would be awesome.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

There's going to be another Villain announced for the film, probably with Joseph Gordon Levitt in the role. I'd love to see Black Mask in the film.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Watching Batman Returns on Blu-ray right now. I think it will be extremely difficult for Hathaway to match Pfeiffer's performance. And I hope Bale can manage good chemistry with Hathaway, which was not the case with Holmes and Gyllenhaal. Keaton and Pfeiffer had great chemistry.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I recently re-watched Returns on Blu-Ray at Christmas...

Still think it's enormously underrated, has aged well, still ballsy...

Burton's "Dark Knight"

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I think Batman Returns is one of the worst superhero movies of all time. But that's just my opinion.

AtariLegend wrote:

The main villian is supposedly Talia Al Ghul with Bane as a side act doing the fighting, and maybe JGL as Black Mask.

Catwoman is on the light side of the force helping Batman. According to the internet. Sounds like it'll be closer to Batman Begins than The Dark Knight.

I still want JGL as holiday from "The Long Halloween" sad.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Are you serious? I always thought DeVito was the most underrated part of it.

I still think his Penguin, although a BIG departure for the character, is a sorely underrated performance. I prefer Burgess Meredith's take on the character, but DeVito is good.

Board footer