You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: The BATMAN Thread

AtariLegend wrote:

It'll do more than Batman Begins which was hardly one of the big box office films of all time (and also didn't have The Riddler/Joker or Catwoman in it), not as much as The Dark Knight, but what would?

Bane was one of the smartest villians Batman had in the graphic novels which are the source material (Not the 80s/90s films), like guessing that Bruce was Batman.

Holiday if Alberto becomes it, is the perfect the character for a Nolan film and the main villian from "The Long Halloween" which was one of the biggest influences on both Begins and The Dark Knight.

Doing Riddler would be too easy at this point for a Nolan film, it's easy too see what they'd do. Black Mask/Penguin as someone taking over the Mob which was done in the previous 2 is too easy too.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Oh I love the direction Nolan is going in, but I guarantee you WB is nervous.

AtariLegend wrote:

DarkKnightRises600Gb120711.jpg

Trailer for "Dark Knight Rises" that will be shown before "Deathly Hallows Part II"

radioactivstation.u​s/videos/34/dark-knight-ri​ses-leak

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I agree with what everyone is saying in that the teaser poster looks like it could've been used for Inception.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:

Super nerdy, but/and cracked me up.

Why Batman Is Secretly Terrible For Gotham
http://www.cracked.com/video_18175_why- … otham.html

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah it was funny. Nice that they worked in all the elements from Batman's past movies, including 68.

Umm... but not to geek out or anything, but the whole Batman is a sociopath commentary... man nothing will get me riled up quicker. Sociopaths don't care about people. In other words, Batman wouldn't give a damn about protecting civilians. He'd just drop Batbombs and nuke any area with The Joker or Freeze or Penguin or Croc or whoever it happens to be this week.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

The selection of villians is too selective, and will 'cause the film to pull in less box office than the previous two, probably less than even Begins, regardless of Nolan and the anticipation of the follow up to TDK.

You say TDKR will make less than Batman Begins? Do you realize how crazy that is? TDK had some of the greatest word of mouth ever. Sequel openings are based almost entirely on the predcessor's word of mouth, so TDKR is guaranteed a huge opening even without the Joker or Ledger. Bare minimum it opens to is $140m and there is a chance it could open to $180-200 million if WB does a good job on the marketing.

TDK's adjusted opening is already around $175 million and will adjust to around $180 million in 2012 dollars, just to give you an idea of how massive it was and how massive the sequel's potential is. Even with a big drop in admissions, it will still have an insanely huge opening. No way in hell does it make below Batman Begins' $205m total. In fact I will go ahead and say this right now. There is a better chance of it reaching Batman Begins' entire domestic gross in 3 days than there is of it making below that number for its entire run.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Fair enough. "foot in mouth moment"

If fucking Transformers 3 can do huge BO, than TDKR will slide easily past that in 3 days, even if it was drunk and smoking opium while doing it.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I cannot BELIEVE that Atari wasn't on this one like lightning. He's probably hooked up to the oxygen like Commish Gordon, after viewing it.

The first look, and the first official teaser to the Nolan finale - "The Dark Knight Rises"

Board footer