You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: The BATMAN Thread

Axlin16 wrote:

Oh yeah...glaahhhh

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

AtariLegend wrote:

I posted the link to the bootleg of the trailer 6 days ago. tongue/.

It's going to be great, I'm suprissed though that we actually get first shots of Batman vs. Bane at the end of it, given it's a frickin year till it gets released and several months, before they even stop filming.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

You know how we frown upon bootlegs, and torrents, and illegal dope around here.

AtariLegend wrote:

I don't know if it's a spolier or not for some given it's been rumoured for ages, but thanks to the press somehow taking pictures on the set everyday for past week.

Hidden Text:

It's pretty much looks like Marion is pretty much deffinitely Talia Al Ghul the head villian of the movie afterall.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I think the Ra's Al Ghul narrated intro in the teaser was a big hint towards that.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Anne Hathaway Defends 'Catwoman' Costume
by Joseph Brannigan Lynch / The Projector-Yahoo! Movies

cat080511.jpg

Anne Hathaway will be matching wits with Batman himself in Christopher Nolan's upcoming "The Dark Knight Rises," but right now she's facing off against Internet naysayers who responded tepidly to the first photo of her in her Catwoman suit.

"I was not going to admit it," the 28-year-old actress told MTV in a sit-down interview. "I asked someone to send me a few reactions [to the photo], and I happen to know that MTV's reaction was 'meh.' "

MTV called the photo "underwhelming" and "unflattering," but Internet commenters were far harsher (surprise, surprise). When Yahoo Movies posted the pic, commenters derided it as "weak," "cheap-looking" and some demanded to know where the "cat part of the costume" was.

Even worse, an US Magazine pollasking "which star was the sexiest Catwoman?" put the Academy-Award nominated actress in last place, with Michelle Pfeiffer taking 52 percent, Halle Berry earning 37 percent, and the "Princess Diaries" star at 11 percent.

Hathaway's response? "If you didn't like the photo, you only see about a tenth of what the suit can do," she teased. "And if you did like the photo, you have excellent taste."

blog_catwoman310a.jpg

Considering there's not much to the costume other than skintight black leather (you can catch a sideview of the suit here) and those 3D-esque goggles, it's probable that this photo isn't of the complete Catwoman costume. After all, Selina Kyle starts out as a mere cat burglar before developing her style and powers.

Overall, considering Christopher Nolan's past track record with the franchise, fans should probably retract their claws before tearing his take on Catwoman apart.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I don't know why the uproar exists over this suit. I thought all the Nolan geeks just fuckin' LUVXOXOXO Nolan's "realistic" approach to Batman. Yet when Nolan casts a really "not hot" ACTUAL actress in the role, and puts a utility suit on her, and not an S&M sex store outfit on her, suddenly all the virgins are up in arms about it.

I don't get it. The suits on these movies are all about utility and body-armor. Even the Batsuit looks terrible, and always has. Always hated it. BUT, it looks RIGHT for a bodysuit.

I personally always thought George Clooney's metallic-silver Batsuit from Batman & Robin was the coolest looking. But the Nolanverse ain't a comic book. It's basically great action-drama films. So people need to lay off Hathaway a bit.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Uuuurgh I thought the Clooney suit was awful, along with the rest of the film. The Keaton '89' suit was the best imo.

I remember being sceptical when Ledger was cast as the Joker, until I saw the first pics released and the rest is history. So I'll wait to see the film before I start judging the casting or how any of the characters look etc. Nolans done a great job so far, I don't except him to muck up his trilogy at the final hurdle.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I agree with the "underwhelming" comment...from those pics but then they're shit pics of it really....and as said above the whole of the Nolan universe is more naturalistic than the other versions....it's really going to be all about the story.

I'll be interested to see how this film plays out.

The Dark Night was so damn good, it really seemed to understand the batman universe, that it's hard to immagine it being bad...but I think as a film in may be closer to batman begins.

Board footer