You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Re: The BATMAN Thread

It looks great. Very exciting to know that Dent will be a major player and will have the 2-Face side of him show up within this film. Eckhart is perfect for that role, I'm as excited for him as I am for Heath, who looks to be the best Joker ever on film.

Mike
 Rep: 13 

Mike wrote:

Okay, this movie has to be good. If it sucks, I'll start a riot in the movie theater.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Mike wrote:

Okay, this movie has to be good. If it sucks, I'll start a riot in the movie theater.

As they say in Dazed and Confused, "Just go for it man." 9

Methinks James needs to watch Batman Begins so he can get an idea of what he's in for with TDK. 22

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Yeah, I really need to hurry up and watch that. I think I'll download this in a day or so. Started watching Zodiac last night, and damn that film is really slow. Gotta finish that tonight.

I'm pretty sure I said this already, but I played the Batman Begins game on xbox, and it was one of the best games of that year.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:

I missed out on getting to see the TDK trailer with Iron Man. I walked into the show a little late, like 5 minutes after the trailers had started. But after the IM movie was over, I heard a shitload of people talking about TDK so it makes me wonder if they showed it with it. I've read reports online and it sounds like it's hit or miss whether it's with Iron Man or not since they are rival companies (Marvel and DC) so it's not attached like it was with I Am Legend (both made by Warner Bros.) for the other trailer. I cannot wait to see some of those money shots of Batman jumping off buildings and flying through the air on the big screen. They look amazing in the high def versions compared to that crappy bootleg, but I'm sure they are even more breathtaking on the big screen. July 18th can't get here fast enough!

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

I missed out on getting to see the TDK trailer with Iron Man. I walked into the show a little late, like 5 minutes after the trailers had started. But after the IM movie was over, I heard a shitload of people talking about TDK so it makes me wonder if they showed it with it. I've read reports online and it sounds like it's hit or miss whether it's with Iron Man or not since they are rival companies (Marvel and DC) so it's not attached like it was with I Am Legend (both made by Warner Bros.) for the other trailer.

I went last night, and TDK trailer is the first one that played.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Yeah, I really need to hurry up and watch that. I think I'll download this in a day or so. Started watching Zodiac last night, and damn that film is really slow. Gotta finish that tonight.

I'm pretty sure I said this already, but I played the Batman Begins game on xbox, and it was one of the best games of that year.

I'll warn you, Batman Begins is a character study more than anything else. A lot of people, well perhaps not a lot, but a vocal minority, have complained that there's not enough action in it. But the story is engrossing in my opinion. The realistic approach is great. I firmly believe that's what makes Batman my favorite superhero by far. The way Nolan presents his origin in Batman Begins, you can believe that a guy could pull this off in the real world.

James

James wrote:

Actually, the game was a bit slow on the action level as well, which didn't bother me. I am pretty sure the game was an almost carbon copy of the film plot wise, and it was great. One of the last great games I played on the original XBOX console.

Off topic, but a game to rent/buy from the original xbox(or PS2 if they have it) is Alias. Very cool game, and is like a chick's version of Splinter Cell.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Actually, the game was a bit slow on the action level as well, which didn't bother me. I am pretty sure the game was an almost carbon copy of the film plot wise, and it was great. One of the last great games I played on the original XBOX console.

Off topic, but a game to rent/buy from the original xbox(or PS2 if they have it) is Alias. Very cool game, and is like a chick's version of Splinter Cell.

I'll just ask you a few questions to see how similar it is. Is Bruce around a glacier getting trained by a guy with a funny beard (played by Liam Neeson)? Is there a scene where Batman uses bats so escape a SWAT raid at an asylum? Is there a scene at the very end where Batman meets Gordon on a rooftop?

James

James wrote:

You expect a stoner's memory to be that good? I do remember Batman being trained(some ninja style shit) at the beginning.

I also remember having to sneak around this building full of people to rescue the Katie Holmes character.

Hell, I don't even remember the villians.

The Batmobile levels were fucking insane.

Board footer