You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: The BATMAN Thread

Bono wrote:

Never liked Anne Hathaway. Don't care for her acting and as for her looks.... I don't know For whatever reason she does nothing for me. As for her being catwoman... meh.

AtariLegend wrote:

Maybe Bono should have replaced Christian Bale in this film tongue.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I'm going to reserve judgement till I see what she's like acting in the roll. As to me a lot of catwoman's charm is kinda her attitude....lol....and that she reminds me of my ex girlfriend...nice yet evil...hahahhaha

Bono

Bono wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Maybe Bono should have replaced Christian Bale in this film tongue.

Bono as in U2 ... that would be dumb. Bono as in gnrevolution.com forum member, now that would kick ass!   

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Bono wrote:

Never liked Anne Hathaway. Don't care for her acting and as for her looks.... I don't know For whatever reason she does nothing for me. As for her being catwoman... meh.

I don't care for her looks either, but tbh... I haven't EVER seen a single thing she was ever in.

So for her acting we'll see.

Doesn't mean it can't be good. I still think Keaton's Batman is the best Batman ever (Bale is the best Bruce Wayne), and most likely after this Hathaway will have done good, but people will still remember Michelle in Returns as the definitive Catwoman, just like alot of people still remember Nicholson's Joker over Ledger.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Based on the trailer that recently leaked, Anne appears to have done pretty well in the role. Hardy is going to be awesome as Bane. The trailer also focuses more on Bruce than TDK's marketing did, which is a welcome change. The reason Batman Begins was so good to me is because they focused almost entirely on Bruce instead of supporting characters. To make this a proper trilogy, they have to get the focus back on him after the Joker and Dent stole the show in TDK.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Tbh, nobody has ever stole the show as Bruce. Batman has only really had power for me with Keaton's Batman.

The supporting characters are always the powerhouse in Batman, whether it's the 60's Batman TV series, Burton's Batman, Animated Series, Schumacher's Batman, or Arkham Asylum & City video games.

To me the two guys who have been really the glue in this whole trilogy and very understated, has been Michael Caine's Alfred and Morgan Freeman's Lucius Fox.

They have been the glue imo.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Tbh, nobody has ever stole the show as Bruce. Batman has only really had power for me with Keaton's Batman.

The supporting characters are always the powerhouse in Batman, whether it's the 60's Batman TV series, Burton's Batman, Animated Series, Schumacher's Batman, or Arkham Asylum & City video games.

To me the two guys who have been really the glue in this whole trilogy and very understated, has been Michael Caine's Alfred and Morgan Freeman's Lucius Fox.

They have been the glue imo.

Bale did in Batman Begins. I feel the glue of the trilogy is Bale, Caine, and Oldman. While I liked the increased focus on Gordon in TDK, I did not like the fact that Bruce had to take a back seat to Dent and the Joker. Fuck that shit. And I say that as someone who loved the fact that both of those characters were treated well by the filmmakers. This new trailer has a moment at the beginning between Alfred and Bruce that really gets back to the heart of what was going on in Batman Begins. I am optimistic that they will finish this off focusing properly on the main character again.

Bono

Bono wrote:

I thought it was fucking stupid how they replaced Katie Holmes with Maggie Gyllenhall.

tejastech08 wrote:

Bale did in Batman Begins. I feel the glue of the trilogy is Bale, Caine, and Oldman. While I liked the increased focus on Gordon in TDK, I did not like the fact that Bruce had to take a back seat to Dent and the Joker. Fuck that shit. And I say that as someone who loved the fact that both of those characters were treated well by the filmmakers. This new trailer has a moment at the beginning between Alfred and Bruce that really gets back to the heart of what was going on in Batman Begins. I am optimistic that they will finish this off focusing properly on the main character again.

Agreed. I can understand the Joker but Dent?  TDK was gpood but it was all over the place. I like Batman begins much better.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Couldn't resist downloading the prologue. It's bootleg quality, but still get's the picture across.

Frecking awseome and actually quite creative entrance by Bane, but without spoiling much. He deffintely comes across as the evil genius and the film countiues on with the Dark theme of TDK despite being 8 years later. Though you do see 5 1/2 minutes, there's still not alot given away about the main plot.

For those wondering about the films opening scene, it's

Hidden Text:

It's Gordon giving a short speech, saying I believed in Harvey Dent

Can't wait to see this in the cinema.

Don't know if this is new or if anyone really cares, but I just came across this.

http://www.wwtdd.com/2011/12/script-pag … ve-leaked/

Board footer