You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: The BATMAN Thread

tejastech08 wrote:

Long chase sequence with the cops right? If you liked it in the game I am sure you will love it in the movie. I remember seeing it in IMAX. Holy fuck, the sound coming from the Tumbler is incredible. 9

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

Omg, i can't wait for this movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3:rock::rock::rock::mosh::mosh::mosh::mosh::bj::bj::bj::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

I can't help but laugh at some of the coversation in here. Batman Begins owns the orginal Batman as well as every other Batman movie made. It's not even close. You can count me as one person who thought Scarecrow in Batman Begins was amaizng and count me as one who can easily tell from a 3 minute trailor that Heath's Joker will blow Nicholson's Joker outta the water.

I saw the Burton Batmans and thought whatever. I saw Batman Begins and have been anticipating The Dark Knight since I saw the Joker card at the end of Batman Begins. This is my most anticiopated movie by far in years. This coming from a guy who isn't necessarily  a  super hero fan.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Bono wrote:

I can't help but laugh at some of the coversation in here. Batman Begins owns the orginal Batman as well as every other Batman movie made. It's not even close. You can count me as one person who thought Scarecrow in Batman Begins was amaizng and count me as one who can easily tell from a 3 minute trailor that Heath's Joker will blow Nicholson's Joker outta the water.

I saw the Burton Batmans and thought whatever. I saw Batman Begins and have been anticipating The Dark Knight since I saw the Joker card at the end of Batman Begins. This is my most anticiopated movie by far in years. This coming from a guy who isn't necessarily  a  super hero fan.

You are not alone man. There are a crapload of people, including myself, that don't read comics but love Batman when it's done right. And by right I mean realistic and dark. Burton got the dark part right but it was just as campy in many ways as lighter heros like Spider-Man. Prince music? Penguins with rocket launchers? I love the first two Batman movies, but it's mainly because I grew up with them. They are part of my youth. I saw B89 as a 3 year old in the theater, I owned and still own all the toys from both movies, I've watched the movies literally hundreds of times (in B89's case, probably around 1,000 times actually). But Batman Begins is on a different level. I saw Iron Man the other night and it was pretty good but not on BB's level. And in fact, it used many elements from BB (Favreau has admitted that Nolan's BB was a huge influence in how they approached Iron Man).

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:

Holy shit guys. An image of  Two-Face concept art has leaked. MASSIVE SPOILER:

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/164/denttdkrp1.jpg

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Wow, no wonder it's being kept under wraps. It's certainly no kids film if he looks like that. I remember Bale being interviewed after BB and saying he would love to make an 18 rated Batman film, which at the time I thought was really exciting, whilst this might not be an 18 rating it's great to see a super hero film being aimed at an older audience, there's so much more potential.

Did you mention there's plans to make another Batman film after DK with Two Face being the main villain?

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

Wow, no wonder it's being kept under wraps. It's certainly no kids film if he looks like that. I remember Bale being interviewed after BB and saying he would love to make an 18 rated Batman film, which at the time I thought was really exciting, whilst this might not be an 18 rating it's great to see a super hero film being aimed at an older audience, there's so much more potential.

Did you mention there's plans to make another Batman film after DK with Two Face being the main villain?

Well it seems he's not really a villain in the traditional sense. Eckhart had an interview recently where he said that in TDK, Harvey Two-Face is basically like Batman except he's crossed the line of morality. He's a vigilante that kills bad guys, but he's a loose cannon and obviously goes against what Batman stands for (not killing people being one of Batman's core principles). It sounds like Two-Face will be similar to the Punisher. He is supposed to be one of the villains in BB3 but as I said, he likely will not be a traditional villain.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:

WB forced the website to take it down. Apparently it is legit and it's an early concept art for it.

I uploaded it to Imageshack so here's a different link (also replaced the link in the previous post):

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/164/denttdkrp1.jpg

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

They hadn't shown what the 'other' side of his face looked like thought, they kept that under wraps.

Board footer