You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Die Mannequin Talks about opening for GnR

Neemo wrote:

There was this radio interview with Die Mannequin on friday that was on, on my way home from work.

They talked about where they grew up and how they started playing and all that shit, then dude asked them what it was like touring with GnR.

they said it was really cool, and all the guys in the band were awesome, except Axl, they never got to meet him....they said something like, "the guys in guns n roses dont even get to meet Axl" 16

anyway the guitarist "I think" said that after GnR was done on one of the shows they opened for he smacked axl on the chest and said "Great Show Man!" and axl didnt even aknowledge him, but his body guard grabbed him by the throat and lifted him off the floor and said somehting like dont touch him....nobody did anything about it

anyway not much, but there it is, i'll see if i cant get a transcript of it, and i'll post it.

Sky Dog wrote:

you gotta admit that is pretty funny! He is a bizarre dude...:haha:

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
madagas wrote:

you gotta admit that is pretty funny! He is a bizarre dude...:haha:

It makes you wonder man, it makes you wonder... how bizarre it all really must be behind the scenes?! roll

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

they said they got to meet everyone in the band (minus Axl) and that they were all really cool, they even said when the guard grabbed the guy, that they thought it was awesome and they spent the rest of the night hiding from security 16

I got to wonder if Axl is really like that and cant understand a good will "slap on the back" so to speak of if its that his security guards take things a bit too far, or are afraid of losing their jobs if they arent totally 100% rigid...just makes you wonder

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Neemo wrote:

I got to wonder if Axl is really like that and cant understand a good will "slap on the back" so to speak of if its that his security guards take things a bit too far, or are afraid of losing their jobs if they arent totally 100% rigid...just makes you wonder

My guess is it's a little of both. Wouldn't surprise me if Axl had some OCD thing about "Not letting anybody touch him", and the guards might overreact a little if someone does.

I am gonna say it could be a bit of both, I know people who have met him and had dinner with him in a group situation and they say he is super nice [dammit one of these days it will be me 4]

How he is on tour could ofcourse I am sure is different and from the stories we have heard from back in the day, he definitely has to have things certain ways for himself.  But I wouldn't go as far as him not ever hanging out with his band because he most definitely has on these most recent tours.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

i'm not sure how many shows they opened for them, but they said that axl wasnt there with the band on any of the shows they opened

as for him being with the band on the recent tour...there is no pics to indicate that he has hung with the band before or afterwards hmm if there is i'd like to see them

I know people that have went to after parties and he is there with the band, they aren't going to lie to me.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

oh cool....i dunno never been to one, i was just paraphrasing what the band said in the interview 19

It's all good.

Maybe he isn't at every after party I dunno, I know 3 people that have went  to them and all three have said he was there.    When will it be me...:wtf:   HAHA  One of these days.

Board footer