You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Die Mannequin Talks about opening for GnR

Neemo wrote:

they werent just talking afterparty though...they were saying that he was just never there until showtime, then gone afterwards...i dunno maybe the opening act wasnt allowed to the after parties hmm

Still working on getting a hold of a transcript, I'm sure i've forgotten something or havent remembered something correctly 16

Neemo wrote:

they werent just talking afterparty though...they were saying that he was just never there until showtime, then gone afterwards...i dunno maybe the opening act wasnt allowed to the after parties hmm

Still working on getting a hold of a transcript, I'm sure i've forgotten something or havent remembered something correctly 16

That's nothing new, even at Hammerstein, Axl was the first to actually leave that night, that I saw when I was in the back of the building talking to BBF.  And Baz was talking in code as to where the after party was going to be...I can only assume that Axl leaves the venue first then arrives to the after party.

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:

this is actually quite old, and GNR's camp did issue a response to this:

GN'R crew responds to Die Mannequin singer
By Doug Miller / GunsNRoses.com

From left to right: Chris Gratton, Gio Gasparetti, and Tom Mayhue
Recent Articles:

» Japan tour ends on high note in Osaka
» Guns N' Roses: Live at Budokan
» GN'R tour of Japan rolls on
» Charity auction a great success
» GN'R typhoon hits Japan
» Guns N' Roses Live Earth Press Release
A recent interview with the lead vocalist of the Canadian indie band Die Mannequin has managed to rub several members of the Guns N' Roses touring staff the wrong way.

Die Mannequin opened a few shows during the 2006 GN'R North American tour, and in a recent interview with Chart Magazine, the singer, known as Care Failure, described the experience this way:

"There were just so many rules about Axl!" Failure told Chart. "He used to show up 45 seconds before their set and wouldn't really hang around, so we barely saw him. Once, Tony (Useless, the Die Mannequin bassist) tried talking to him and got pinned against the wall by a guard."

GN'R stage manager Tom Mayhue offered this explanation of the events in question:

"This is how I remember it," Mayhue said. "Guns had just finished doing their two-hour set and were getting off the stage to go to their dressing rooms, and some drunk guy goes up to Axl.

"Now, no one knows who this guy is or what the hell he wants. Our head of security, Gio Gasparetti, is probably the best in the business at what he does, and he intervened. Later on, Gio went up to the guy and explained to him that what he did wasn't too bright, and that was that.

"I mean, when Care Failure's amp was fucked up, my crew fixed it. When their crew was late or drunk, sleeping in the dressing room at set change, our crew was there to set them up. This band was given more sound checks, extra guests, and whatever they needed from our production management, so I don't get why she felt the need to talk shit."

Chris Gratton, GN'R's production manager, added that there are no "rules" regarding Axl or any other member of Guns N' Roses.

"I hate it when I read or hear about things that never occurred," Gratton said. "The only rules are the ones I set in terms of the show schedule, like when the first band goes on, how long a set change is, et cetera.

"For most of the North American tour, Axl traveled in a tour bus and he would be at the gig several hours before Guns went on and watch the openers.

"Axl often had people partying in his dressing room -- I'm talking about everyone from his friends to the guys in Helmet to Sebastian Bach to the Suicide Girls -- until the wee hours in the morning.

"We had a lot of good times on that tour."

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
elmir wrote:

this is actually quite old, and GNR's camp did issue a response to this:

actually its not...the interview was done live on friday before a DM gig hmm

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

FYI I wont be getting a transcript, the interveiw wasnt recorded sad

sorry people

Good Call Russ and Thanks Elmir for posting that article.

I really think that Axl definitely has his quirks but people tend to embelish alot when speaking about him if something may have pissed them off.

We all know how some people act when they are drunk and going up to Axl in that capacity definitely isn't a bright move, this is Axl after all and could be any artist that had security, they are trained to do exactly what this person did.  If you are stupid enough be all loud and whatnot going up to a famous person with a security guard, what do you expect?

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Regardless of any quicks celebrities might have, they've always got to worry about some wacko doing something crazy to them. That's why Axl's got security guys.

True, but at the same time there's Chris Cornell's humorous encounter with Axl backstage back in 1990:

"So, one day I see a security guard walking him down this long corridor where there's no one except for me, and it's like they want me to see him.

"He's wearing his Axl Rose tennis shoes that say 'Axl Rose' on them and these teeny-tiny, painted-on red shorts, a backwards baseball cap and a fur coat that goes to the floor.

"He just walks by and goes, 'Hey, bro!' And that was it. At that point, it's one of those moments where you think about your life as a comic book."

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer