You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: 2008 NFL season

PaSnow wrote:
Bono wrote:

You cannot be serious.  Witten, Williams, Barber, Owens, Romo, Ware, Newman, Ratliff etc. etc. etc. So little talent? Gimme a break CC. they are one of if not the most talented teams in the entire league.

Take off Roy Williams (WR), Romo, I'm not sure who Ratliff is?! He seems like an ok defensive back, but no better than most db's in the league. Cowboys have:

Witten - Really good TE
Barber - Power RB, I admit he was hurt yesterday & last week.
TO - Seems on the downside of his career. Wouldn't surprise me if he's not back with Dallas next year.
Demetrius Ware - Great young DE
Newman - Good DB

That's just it though, this great highly talented team people thought Dallas had turned out to be just 4 or 5 great or almost great players. Whatever happened to Tank Johnson??? Remember he was considered their high profile "talent".  Romo's not, I can't understand why you put him on the list? That's like saying Kurt Warner in Arizona is great.

I don't think there's any way Wade Phillips is back, I don't care what Jerry Jones said. Oddly enough Bono my broither & I were talking & I was saying how Jason Garrett was all but promised the next Cowboy head coaching job, but my brother said he felt they'd try to get Cowher.  We'll see.

Favorite line from yesterday, TO asked what went wrong at the game. TO's response: "Bro I couldn't tell you." 14 14 16

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Well, they just had a press conference & it appears he isn't being replaced.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

I dont know PA, they are a very talented group of individuals, but just not a great team. Romo is an above average QB, Barber is a very good RB when healthy, TO is TO, Witten is probably the best TE in the league, Ware is one of the better defensive players in the league, Newman is a very good CB... They say a team takes on the personality of its coach, and they are certainly no different. They thought Parcells was too tough and didnt treat them like men, well look at what they got. The worst thing that happened to them is letting Parcells leave.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I really don't see the talent there. How do you judge talent? By how often their names are mentioned on ESPN? When I see the Cowboys I see a pretty QB who you can't rely on in clutch situations, an aging wide-out who's no longer an elite in the NFL, running backs who are simply on par with the rest of the league, and an offensive line that only blocks medium-well.

Their defense is bad. None of their defensive players made any spectacular or heroic plays this season - they aren't star players. If they were at some point, they're not anymore.

NY Giants82

NY Giants82 wrote:

I would be the last person on Earth to ever mistake for a Cowboys fan, but I think you'd have to be blind to say that they dont have some of the most talented players in the NFL on that team. I HATE the Cowboys, but its true. That is an indictment of those players overall and the coaching/management. They are a soft team.

And come on man, Demarcus Ware is arguably the Defensive MVP of the season. He is a great player.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Communist China wrote:

I really don't see the talent there. How do you judge talent? By how often their names are mentioned on ESPN? When I see the Cowboys I see a pretty QB who you can't rely on in clutch situations, an aging wide-out who's no longer an elite in the NFL, running backs who are simply on par with the rest of the league, and an offensive line that only blocks medium-well.

Their defense is bad. None of their defensive players made any spectacular or heroic plays this season - they aren't star players. If they were at some point, they're not anymore.

You dont' see the talent cause you simply refuse to and you hate the Cowboys. DeMarcus Ware was 2.5 sacks shy of the all time recrod for sacks in a  season.  Terrell Owens had an off season and he still had over 1000 yards reciving and was 5th among recivers with 10 TD's. yeah not elite my ass.  Terrence Newman has started to be mentioned as a top three corner in the league. Marion Barber is considerd by many to be the hardest runner in the league and the best 4th quarter back in football. The Defence led the league in sacks and pass rushing. The secondary has always been their achillies.  Romo's passer rating has consitently been among the top in the NFL.  Jason Witten is arguebaly the best TE in football and mayeb teh toughest player in the league. As a  Bills fan you'd kill to have a player like Jason Witten or Demarcus Ware. Don't even fucking deny it. You're  just being a  flat out hater to not recognize the talent on this team CC. You're the only person on the planet that would say the Cowboys aren't talented. In fact your'e the only person who'd say they weren't a very talented team. Seriously  man open your eyes.

NY Giants is totally right. teams take on the personality of their coaches and Phillips and Garrett are lethargic asses. mopping around like they dont' know what to do. The team became complacent under these guys.  You want Phillips back? Please take him. the Lions want permission to talk to Jason Garrett? please let them.

The Dallas Cowboys not talenetd? roll Likely the most unimformed thing said all year in relation to any topic imagineable.

Unispired, lazy, no heart, disfunctional, trainwreck team? yeah pretty much but don't be so naive to mistake that for lack of raw talent.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
Bono wrote:

the Lions want permission to talk to Jason Garrett?

Is that true??  Interesting.

NY Giants82

NY Giants82 wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
Bono wrote:

the Lions want permission to talk to Jason Garrett?

Is that true??  Interesting.

Yeah I read that somewhere this morning as well. They also want to talk to our DC Spagnulo. I hope we dont lose him, but I'm afraid we will. I hope he goes the path of his mentor, Jim Johnson, and stay our DC.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
NY Giants82 wrote:

They also want to talk to our DC Spagnulo. I hope we dont lose him, but I'm afraid we will. I hope he goes the path of his mentor, Jim Johnson, and stay our DC.

Haha, good luck NYG, he'll be gone in 2 shakes of a horses tail. Det or Cleveland.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

its romo again...dropped thee ball (literally) when it came to crunch time

Board footer