You are not logged in. Please register or login.

skippy
 Rep: 33 

Re: Lars Comments on "Better" Video

skippy wrote:
BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Haha I actually looked it up after reading your post. It's a possible dude no doubt about that but I'm no doctor and won't try to be.

skippy

skippy wrote:

Sorry, I don't buy the "truth lies in the middle" anymore.

Do I know what's going on in his mind?  No.  But he has in the past been shown to be extremely paranoid, overly sensitive, irrational, irresponsible about showing up on stage on-time, has trouble maintaining relationships, and has trouble accepting any side but his own in any argument. He has said and presented one thing, and then gone ahead and ddone another.  Hell, even during the heyday of the Illusions, guy was uncomfortable in his own skin, and started doing his best 70's Rock God impersonation.

One of the most blantantly cognitively dissonant Axl moments is/was him blatantly ripping off stage poses from Freddy Mercury while wearing a "Kill Your Idol" Bukowski shirt.

That's why he has had all these different therapists, from crystal crap in Sedona to all the other stuff dumb shit we saw in the videos from Use Your Illusion.  He's uncomfortable being himself, because believe it or not, he probably hates being a whiny little bitch too.  The second anyone has challenged either personally or professionally, they are gone.

For christ sakes, the rebirth bullshit of the "Don't Cry" video is straight out of the now debunked bullshit "attachment disorder rebirthing" craze of the early nineties.

Axl should deal with the shit that is fucking up each and every singular aspect of his life or Fuck off himself.

It's old, and he's too old to be behaving like this.

Past behavior predicts future behavior and his track record for the last 15 plus years has sucked.

You know the part in Fast Times at Ridgemont high when Mark Ratner tells Damone something to the effect of "People always bag on you, and say Damone's a creep, he's this, he's that, and I say, "No, no you just don't know Damone. Well, I'm starting to think that they knew you better than I did, and they were right."

That's where I'm at with this.

This isn't just, "He's Axl he does what he wants, he plays by his own rules, he's uncompromising".

This is he's a bitch, and people don't like it.

skippy

skippy wrote:

You know what, I'm a dick.

I'm taking a break from this, sorry for being so harsh.

Really fed up.

Out, again, I'm sorry.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Saikin wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

What advantage? Axl plays the poor little girl all the time, be it a riot, a no-show, a failed tour, a failed album, a leaving band member or non-existant video. Ridiculous.

I love how the album is failed in so many people's eyes.  That record is such a piece of shit I can see why no one likes it.  Every track is worse than the next! Fuck why didn't I just save up and buy the deluxe limited editions of the new Hinder and Fall Out Boy cds!  Now THOSE albums were a total smash success!  God I love those bands!

Honestly, if you are going to use that criteria for judging albums now a days, then Nickelback beats just about anyone out of the water. 

And you should be able to see that the media has it out for Axl.  CD has been a huge joke for years, and Axl seems to have become a joke himself as well.  The problem is not a lot of djs gave this album a chance.  I heard a lot of them make jokes and criticize the song before even playing it.  How is that fair?

'Remember in this game we call life
That no one said it's fair'

But... although I haven't heard any DJ talking shit about a band or a song before they played it... do you think people are that stupid? They like what the DJ likes and dislike the rest? And since your conspiracy theory tells that the media was against Axl back in the old days, too, how could have been the Illusions that successful?

Axl's record isn't a piece of shit, it has amazing moments, although 2/3 of the songs are pretty forgettable, to say at least, and it comes from a long-time GN'R fan. I don't listen those bands you mentioned though. Axl made his own bed and his erratic behaviour just makes it worse. The myth of the mad genius is gone and only a sad individual is left, who is still bitter about the long-time gone past and pretty much ruined his own career.

evenbetter
 Rep: 1 

evenbetter wrote:

Not sure why folks are saying this is a failed album and trash.  I for one enjoyed it tremendously, bought 30 copies and sent to friends as Christmas gift because I thought it kicked ass.  Can't wait for the next album that might come out soon or in another 10 years.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

Wow. 30 copies. roll

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
evenbetter wrote:

Not sure why folks are saying this is a failed album and trash.  I for one enjoyed it tremendously, bought 30 copies and sent to friends as Christmas gift because I thought it kicked ass.  Can't wait for the next album that might come out soon or in another 10 years.

I think you answered your own question.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Sorry, I don't buy the "truth lies in the middle" anymore.

Do I know what's going on in his mind?  No.  But he has in the past been shown to be extremely paranoid, overly sensitive, irrational, irresponsible about showing up on stage on-time, has trouble maintaining relationships, and has trouble accepting any side but his own in any argument. He has said and presented one thing, and then gone ahead and ddone another.  Hell, even during the heyday of the Illusions, guy was uncomfortable in his own skin, and started doing his best 70's Rock God impersonation.

One of the most blantantly cognitively dissonant Axl moments is/was him blatantly ripping off stage poses from Freddy Mercury while wearing a "Kill Your Idol" Bukowski shirt.

That's why he has had all these different therapists, from crystal crap in Sedona to all the other stuff dumb shit we saw in the videos from Use Your Illusion.  He's uncomfortable being himself, because believe it or not, he probably hates being a whiny little bitch too.  The second anyone has challenged either personally or professionally, they are gone.

For christ sakes, the rebirth bullshit of the "Don't Cry" video is straight out of the now debunked bullshit "attachment disorder rebirthing" craze of the early nineties.

Axl should deal with the shit that is fucking up each and every singular aspect of his life or Fuck off himself.

It's old, and he's too old to be behaving like this.

Past behavior predicts future behavior and his track record for the last 15 plus years has sucked.

You know the part in Fast Times at Ridgemont high when Mark Ratner tells Damone something to the effect of "People always bag on you, and say Damone's a creep, he's this, he's that, and I say, "No, no you just don't know Damone. Well, I'm starting to think that they knew you better than I did, and they were right."

That's where I'm at with this.

This isn't just, "He's Axl he does what he wants, he plays by his own rules, he's uncompromising".

This is he's a bitch, and people don't like it.

Didn't know you were his qualified shrink for the past 10 years.

Good for you.

skippy

skippy wrote:

I'm not his qualified shrink...

Board footer