You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: Axl Rose Insists Original Guns N' Roses Lineup Is Dead and Buried

-D- wrote:

I hate interviews like this

All it does is further divide the fanbase.

on one hand he talks about no reunion

then he tries to bash Slash and his playing in VR etc

just stuff Im not a fan of

Last  I checked, that uninspired guitar playing is still way ahead of CD on the charts

I was watching some dude play "Better" on Youtube. and beside the impossibly hard Bucket solo

the basic song is very elementary and simple as fuck.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Del can hardly be accused of asking tough questions when he is sitting down with his best friend, who's pocket he has been living in for the last 20 years. I wonder how many times him and Axl edited that article.
Their was no tough questions from del, him and Axl just got together and created a nice presentation for another Axl rant.
If he wanted to ask tough questions he'd say " Dude, where's the Better video?"

He likes to harp on about detractors, what are these people exactly? People who dont worship the ground he walks on?

I remember MSL talking about his phone call with Beta and he was saying how he got the impression that they were completely consumed with Slash. He never even mentioned him and she was ranting and raving about Slash. People called him a bullshitter but as times went on its transparant its completely true,  they really are obsessed with Slash.

Some interesting tit bits about the making of the music and I'm well chuffed to know Brain is still on board.

I suspect this is part one, there will probably be more to follow - hopefully more about the new band and the new album.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

Very good read. As others have said, anytime he speaks, I listen. I really love hearing what he has to say. With that said, I, too, wish the hate on Slash would stop. I love both of them, and I just hate seeing it. Of course, Axl has been ran over so many times by some of these people, that I can see that he has a lot to get off his chest.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Del can hardly be accused of asking tough questions when he is sitting down with his best friend, who's pocket he has been living in for the last 20 years. I wonder how many times him and Axl edited that article.
Their was no tough questions from del, him and Axl just got together and created a nice presentation for another Axl rant.
If he wanted to ask tough questions he'd say " Dude, where's the Better video?"

He likes to harp on about detractors, what are these people exactly? People who dont worship the ground he walks on?

I remember MSL talking about his phone call with Beta and he was saying how he got the impression that they were completely consumed with Slash. He never even mentioned him and she was ranting and raving about Slash. People called him a bullshitter but as times went on its transparant its completely true,  they really are obsessed with Slash.

Some interesting tit bits about the making of the music and I'm well chuffed to know Brain is still on board.

I suspect this is part one, there will probably be more to follow - hopefully more about the new band and the new album.

Even though he and Del have a strong friendship/relationship, and I am sure they went over this many times before it was released, it was still by far, IMO, the best interview Axl has given in some time.

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

Whats Spinner.com when its at home? Never heard of it.

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

Its even sadder because its a Del interview. All the things he could have spoke about and its still all about Slash including the "Do you think he can play guitar?"  question.

Its all a ruse to beat Slash down, even a impartial interviewer wouldnt go on so much about the one subject.

Actually all past members and even Robin got kicked in the interview, even if it was just a sly kick under the table.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:

this interview didn't seem to be a whole hell of a lot different than the billboard one...
and every time someone asks about new shit.. he shuts it down and says "we're focusing on this one"......
focusing on what, exactly? making videos and not showing them to anyone?
letting one of the most anticipated records in recording history die with a whimper and a sigh? 3 "interviews" since november..that's it?   what the fuck are they waiting for? this is beyond pathetic at this point.
when they announced the release date.. they mentioned something about "monumental promotion".. monumentally non fucking existent...?
if this is focus... i shudder to think how things would progress if their approach was lazy and meandering...

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

http://uk.reuters.com/article/entertain … WA20090227

I like this line:

"Rose sat down for a friendly interview with his pal, songwriter Del James.

The duo sidestepped the commercial failure of "Chinese Democracy..."

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
tylerdurden wrote:

when they announced the release date.. they mentioned something about "monumental promotion".. monumentally non fucking existent...?

haha Karma 16

Olorin wrote:

http://uk.reuters.com/article/entertain … WA20090227

I like this line:

"Rose sat down for a friendly interview with his pal, songwriter Del James.

The duo sidestepped the commercial failure of "Chinese Democracy..."

You too 14

Paxcow
 Rep: 5 

Paxcow wrote:
madagas wrote:

the most shocking part of that so called "interview" was how angry and pissed off Axl sounded....hard to do through written words.

i don't think axl came off as angry or hateful. he was just telling the truth in a matter of fact way.

Board footer