You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Re: Axl Rose Insists Original Guns N' Roses Lineup Is Dead and Buried

Olorin wrote:

It keeps happening because there is only a grain of truth to it, why shoulder responsibility for failures when you can simply pass the buck and there are still people who will buy it.
Others are paid to repeat it every day and relentlessly spread his propoganda on his behalf.
Decades pass with the same pattern of calamity and failure, but its never ever his fault. There are always mysterious demons, spooks and goblins - that he cant speak about - who are to blame for everything.

I sometimes think the whole saga has been drawn out so long because there are days, weeks and months where Axl shuts down in a depressed state of mind and noone can reach him. When he recovers work begins again but its an unpredictable cycle that just repeats itself.

But the people he surrounds himself with and brought on board to be part of the GN'R camp, from housekeepers or forum mods, actually turn me off GN'R completely. The sycophantic and arrogant bullying nature of them I find utterly repulsive, and the strong association with Axl they possess, almost like ants with no will of their own, makes me wonder who the puppet master really is.

Sky Dog wrote:

quit blaming the Gnr "camp" (whatever the fuck that is). Blame Axl. Period. Those people only talk when he let's them. Good post BigBri and Russ...I wish more people were as open minded as you two. MisterID, Axl never had a masterplan and sure as hell doesn't now. 4

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
madagas wrote:

quit blaming the Gnr "camp" (whatever the fuck that is). Blame Axl. Period. Those people only talk when he let's them. Good post BigBri and Russ...I wish more people were as open minded as you two. MisterID, Axl never had a masterplan and sure as hell doesn't now. 4

I'm not blaming the GNR camp. Axl is the GNR camp. He's closed himself off with these people, so it is his fault. They are a reflection of him... which is what I was kind of saying.

But when they publicly show what asses and contributers to the larger problem(s) they are, I don't blame anyone here for going off on them. 

If he keeps saying they're "working CD still" then that means there's got to be some form of plan... Somewhere...:P

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

I think 'we're working on CD' meant they are busy burying it and killing any positive affiliation towards the record. Axl can fuck up anything and he is doing his job quite well. Sometimes it needs more effort, sometimes less.

Sky Dog wrote:
misterID wrote:
madagas wrote:

I'm not blaming the GNR camp. Axl is the GNR camp. He's closed himself off with these people, so it is his fault. They are a reflection of him... which is what I was kind of saying.

But when they publicly show what asses and contributers to the larger problem(s) they are, I don't blame anyone here for going off on them. 

If he keeps saying they're "working CD still" then that means there's got to be some form of plan... Somewhere...:P

Id, for the record, you are one of the levelheaded ones as well. 16...although we are all a little crazy following this saga.:nervous:

Russ, the Memphis Mafia is very similar to the Malibu Mafia.:D

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:

so...

- Slash got banned from Vegas cause he went to the show with his guitar in hand in order to perform with them on stage...???...how would this have worked..?..walk through the crowd to the stage and play with bucket..?...what a weird thing to presume...

- so his guitar playing got worse too..?...so he's not only a shit guy...but he also couldn't play anymore either...

-Izzy is cool, but not that cool, cause he's still very unreliable...but he's cool...

-Duff is cool...

-He couldn't give two shits about any more albums or releases....way to go...let's wait some more before he slips even deeper into the "bring slash back" territory which even CD couldn't get him out of...

-at least he will be able to do a real Chinese Democracy World Tour now...but judging by the lack of confirmed dates...i don't think anyone really wants him to...i guess touring behind a new album is just not as exciting as is touring behind a product which didn't exist...

What a weird interview...this guy is all over the place...for years i took his side and believed that there truly was a "real" side to it all....

but he's just not helping himself here...instead of redeeming himself with a kickass selection of songs, and let the material do the talking, he'd rather push out a "rushed" product...sit on the rest until god knows how long...and bitch about an old friend...

there was a time when this Del James interview would have been published all over the world in every major print and online publication....now its just us who read it...and most of us have lost all interest in this saga...

and we bitch about Steven living in the eighties...judging by his comments, its Axl who can't let go of the good ole times...

Sky Dog wrote:

actually, the interview was commented on by Rolling Stone and a bunch of other sites....

Another odd comment...people didn't notice that Axl said Duff could play "guitar", not bass. Odd...that's what they need 6-7 different people playing guitar on tracks. Insane.

and ps, Steven is a loser with or without Axl's comments.:/

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I wish Duff was a hot-head and just told him to get stuffed. Mabye its just me, but the way Axl words it is so patronising and there is always a not very well disguised dig straight after the olive branch.

"I suppose Duff could play guitar on something somewhere"

"Duff [McKagan] tries convincing himself he's equal partners with Slash."

"Maybe something with Duff [McKagan], but that's it, and not something I'd have to really get down into, as I'd get left with sorting it out and then blamed on top of it."

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

there was a time when this Del James interview would have been published all over the world in every major print and online publication....now its just us who read it...and most of us have lost all interest in this saga...

Actually, it made the news in Scandinavia. The real news that is.

Board footer