You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Coma
 Rep: 11 

Re: HELP: Protools

Coma wrote:

hey i wanna know is there any version of protools that i can use without that m-audio thing?
please help me

thanks

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:

No, ProTools requires either DigiDesign or M-Audio hardware to work with. Furthermore, the M-Audio version is fairly limited in comparison to the full (digidesign) version.

I would just use another DAW personally (don't get why people love ProTools so much). Cubase, Logic, Ardour, ... all of them are at least on par with ProTools in my book.

Coma
 Rep: 11 

Coma wrote:

thanks

dr_love6977
 Rep: 38 

dr_love6977 wrote:

You can pick up an MBox mini at a fairly good price. The biggest benefit of going with PT is that it's the industry standard. I don't care what anyone says, that is the God's honest truth. If you want to record something at home and then take it to a professional studio for mixing or whatever, the PT HD systems will be able to open your session. Or vice versa, if you want to get drums recorded at a studio, then take that session home to your LE or M-powered system for overdubs, that's cool too. Though you're limited in hardware and it is kind of expensive, know that you're working with the biggest DAW of them all. All of your big studios aren't Cubase/Nuendo/Digital Performer/Logic/Sonar equipped.

That's my 2 cents.

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:

Yeah, you're right. ProTools is the industry standard, and it is easier to move projects from one PT system to another than from PT to another DAW. But the digidesign hardware (in the affordable price range, that is) is really not that good. Especially the pre-amps and converters are pretty low-end. Not a good thing for that price. I think you're better off with brands like Motu, Presonus or Focusrite in that category. None of them will work with protools.

As for moving projects between DAW's: just export to BWF (Broadcast Wave Format), that's a format that every DAW supports. Just remember to "render" or "freeze" your tracks before exporting and you should be fine.

dr_love6977
 Rep: 38 

dr_love6977 wrote:

True that. The M-Audio stuff for M-Powered is pretty good too. Another benefit of PT is the endless amount of resources of training. The digiconference is also probably one of the most helpful forums out there too.

Board footer