You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Velvet Revolver Raise Money For Cancer

AtariLegend wrote:

Members of Van Halen, Velvet Revolver, Rush and other rock acts have donated items for an eBay auction to raise funds for a Los Angeles deputy sheriff stricken with leukemia. According to the Los Angeles Daily News, the musicians have donated autographed guitars and other gear to cover the medical expenses of Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department Deputy Robert Corrales, who has been on the job for nearly 25 years and is battling acute myeloid leukemia.

Among the items that were auctioned were Alex Van Halen's brass snare drum from his personal kit, a drum head signed by Alex, Eddie and Wolfgang Van Halen, a signed drum head from Rush drummer Neil Peart and a guitar signed by Velvet Revolver's Slash, Duff McKagan, Matt Sorum and Dave Kushner.

The auction ended on Monday (March 2nd).

Ninety percent of the proceeds will go to Corrales' medical costs, while 10 percent will go to the T.J. Martell Foundation, which works to find cures for cancer, leukemia and AIDS.

Source: http://www.therockradio.com/2009/03/van … mbers.html

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i wonder how much they sold for smile

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Cool story, I wonder how it is they heard about this guy? I guess he must be known to all these rock stars somehow.

I still cant get over Axl saying that about Slash. I just dont think that cancer should be frivolously used in that way that by anyone, in any walk of life.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Some pictures of Slash, Duff and Matt here:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … mID=115236

Rogue08
 Rep: 3 

Rogue08 wrote:

I dunno but I think that in light of Slash and the guys doin this kinda Charity work it is in pretty bad taste for Axl to be callin him a 'Cancer' don't ya think? What was he thinking?

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:
Neemo wrote:

i wonder how much they sold for smile

$1,779

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

cool thanks *karma* smile