You are not logged in. Please register or login.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

Re: The COUNTRY Thread

BLS-Pride wrote:

- Merged this with the VR off topic about good old country. Discuss any country music here except for the shit kind. 16

That is Nashville for you. They do not want Shooter Jennings being a hit. It's a shame. He would have made his dad very proud. "Behind my Avaitors" is a great down home country ballad.

"I been sinkin’ like a rock in this high society
‘Cause all that means so much to them, don’t mean shit to me
If I were into money, fame and power, I’d be sold
But I know I tried , and I just can’t find that solid country gold

Now I was born in Nashville but I left there long ago
‘Cause they built Music City by sacrificing soul
L.A. ain’t much different, ‘cept they got them fancy clothes
And there’s nary a sight or a leaving light of solid country gold

They say country music ain’t quite all it used to be
But they can’t see the country for all the goddamned trees
If you give to me a guitar ans my woman on the road
I’ll give to you my family, my solid country gold

Might be one of the reason Nashville won't accept him. But all three albums are good music. He has his own radio program on sirius I believe. Plays all the outlaw shit.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

That is Nashville for you. They do not want Shooter being a hit. It's a shame. He would have made his dad very proud. "Behind my Avaitors" is a great down home country ballad.

Yeah, and given a chance I'm convinced 4th Of July could have been a hit that crossed genres.

BLS-Pride

BLS-Pride wrote:

I loved that song when it hit in 04. I was like holy shit now this is what I want country to sound like. It did do fairly well but they didn't play it on radio that much. The video was pretty popular if I remember.

jorge76

jorge76 wrote:

One of my co-workers listened to country radio constantly at that time, and I remember thinking what a shame it is that I only heard it one time, but I heard a lot of garbage over and over.  I haven't watched any music video channels in years, so it is possible the video was a hit and I just missed it.

Evidently Shooter is doing a CMT Crossroads this Monday.  I have no idea who Jamey Johnson is but I'm kinda diggin on this song after half a listen.

http://www.cmt.com/videos/misc/350107/s … ones.jhtml

BLS-Pride

BLS-Pride wrote:

Dude. You will love Jamey Johnson. Holy shit. Thanks for posting that. Two of my favorites. Just got into Jamey. Check this song out dude..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-sbFmqK_sw

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

Dude. You will love Jamey Johnson. Holy shit. Thanks for posting that. Two of my favorites. Just got into Jamey. Check this song out dude..

Now THAT i like. Another somewhat newer country singer I like (wouldn't fit in VR but I heard him on the radio) is Chris Knight. He has a song Enough rope worth checking out, sounds like John Mellencamp.

Thanks for posting that BLS, he sounds good, I'm a Willie Nelson fan & do enjoy country from time to time. I might pick up his album. Sorry to get OT, we should start a Country Music thread.

jorge76

jorge76 wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

Now THAT i like. Another somewhat newer country singer I like (wouldn't fit in VR but I heard him on the radio) is Chris Knight. He has a song Enough rope worth checking out, sounds like John Mellencamp.

Thanks for posting that BLS, he sounds good, I'm a Willie Nelson fan & do enjoy country from time to time. I might pick up his album. Sorry to get OT, we should start a Country Music thread.

Staying off topic...  sorry.  You seem to be able to stream that entire Jamey Johnson album on his website.  I'm probably running to Best Buy tomorrow to pick it up.  Thanks BLS.

BLS-Pride

BLS-Pride wrote:

I'll allow this off topic discussion for now lol. I'll start up a country thread in blackhole in a little. The whole album is great though. Jamey Johnson wrote songs for names like Trace Atkins but with these songs he felt he needed to tell the story. real good old fashion sad country that makes you think about life. Def an album to buy.

BLS-Pride

BLS-Pride wrote:

Yeah we went there.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I remember back in college I went to a somewhat small school with alot of rural kids,country fans. Garth Brooks GH was THE album to have. Although I never owned it I had alot of good times grabbing a kegger on a Friday afternoons chillaxing to River, Thunder Rolls, & the Dance.

Also like Willie Nelson, a song My Next 30 Years by Tim McGraw, I think there was a song by a girl Madonna Don Johson (no joke), I'll have to look it up. Real downtroddin' country is good imho. I don't like much of that Country Music Television psuedo rock stuff.

Board footer