You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Horrific
 Rep: 7 

Re: SLASH Talks 'Guitar Hero'; Video Available

Horrific wrote:

Former GUNS N' ROSES and current VELVET REVOLVER guitarist Slash recently spoke to the Artisan News Service about his involvement with Guitar Hero III.

"I think it's a huge honor to be a part of this game," he said. "It's like I actually represent electric guitar to a legion of kids that are into this game, which has got to be the most popular game out right now '” and I've been asked to put my brand on it, which is very, very cool."

Slash was also asked about his familiarity with the game, and what it was like to be animated for certain sections of the game itself.

"The first time I ever played guitar hero '” I had never seen it, but I heard about it, and I heard about all these people who were raving lunatics with this thing, and having parties and the whole nine '” so I started playing it, and I got hooked on it from that point," he said. "And then I get this phone call about being involved with the new Guitar Hero game. I just told them how enthusiastic I would be to get involved, and they seemed the same and that's how it basically went from there. My motion capture experience; there's a dozen people and suits to put on and little balls all over the place '” pretty much the goofiest suit I can recall wearing. It's seemed weird to do it without interacting with a band and stuff. I'll be interested to see what it looks like when it's done. The last few hours of walking around and doing all these little poses with this suit on will probably all be worth it."

Watch Artisan News Service's interview with Slash about Guitar Hero III below.

http://www.artisannews.com/ans101/templates/?a=4529&z=8

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i'd like to know why Slither is on the commercial with him, but its not in the game 10

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:
Neemo wrote:

i'd like to know why Slither is on the commercial with him, but its not in the game 10

It is in the game, as downloadable content.

There's a VR pack you can download with "Slither," "She Builds Quick Machines," and "Messages."

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

oh cool....i gotta get this game for my wii 16

Rex

Rex wrote:
Neemo wrote:

oh cool....i gotta get this game for my wii 16

Unfortunately, I don't believe that any downloadable content is available for Wii yet.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

dammit

and its not available for PS2 either is it....looks like i'm screwed then 17

Rex

Rex wrote:

Well it should eventually end up on Wii. 

I don't know what the hold up is though.

Board footer