You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Slash Myspace, Facebook, and Twitter updates

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah...I think it works really well psychologiclly too...like as a fan you feel like you know him or connected to him. Like he's posted proper info about his performances but also fun stuff like a mobile fone pic of his guitars to a comment about his wife's tits...little things...but makes that connection to the fanbase.

I was also really pleased when Axl came online and did those chats. I think more stars should use this kind of technology...it connects with the fans but on the star's own terms...they can walk away from the pc...or ignore all the posts back at any stage...got to be better than having people screaming and yelling for you...or being interviewd where the interviwer can have their own agendas....and less repedative too....

It's good for fans too. I wouldnt have known slash played on the soundtrack to transformers 2  otherwise. So its win win!

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

I'm really surprised Slash does these Twitter thingys..I love them. Makes me know more of what he's been up to lately.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

Jeeze I think Slash is really into the whole online thing now.  Heres more updates from facebook:

5754121.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1239966086&Signature=%2B6GZoDg%2FXRzwNOW49GVvLs1f8xo%3D
My main recording guitar waiting for something to do.
11 hours ago · Comment · Like

5756118.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1239966143&Signature=%2BAXjur4JNthkF%2BKmhJLalrlZktw%3D
Guitars at the ready, while the main one is being used constantly.
11 hours ago · Comment · Like

5783338.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1239966241&Signature=5kqPpdE4PtbkBNAED8%2FdmKpF2aE%3D
Avenged Sevenfold setlist 4/16/09 nokia theater in LA.
4 hours ago · Comment · Like

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

Driving in LA is like swimming in molasses!
30 minutes ago · Comment · Like

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:

does anybody find this a little bit hypocritical...?

i'm referring to slash's constant ranting about how he will never do reality shows, with it being the lowest form of entertainment....but updating of your life status on facebook and twitter is kind of....a reality show in itself..??

anyone feel the same?

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

I think it's different...he thought that doing a reality show to find a rock singer is not authentic as part of the rock process...that's different to letting your fans know what you are up to.

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:

oh, i got the impression that he was anti reality show promotion in general..

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

you could be right...I just thought it usually came up in refrence to finding a new singer etc smile

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Acquiesce wrote:

I don't see it as the same thing. Facebook is a way to reach out to the public and  you get to pick and choose what you put on display for the world to see. With a reality show you are choosing to put your whole life on display. It's basically a form of tabloid entertainment because it's the drama that sells these shows.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

He seems to genuinally enjoy twittering away and his fans lap it up, I cant see any reason for gripes. No dig at you Elmir at all, but in general its fucked up that some GN'R fans are morally outraged so easily in regards to Slash. Sometimes I find it rather comical.

Board footer