You are not logged in. Please register or login.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

Re: The TooL Thread

gnfnraxl wrote:

I got into Tool when Aenema came out and have enjoyed their music since then.  I do not have their box set.  Today I got Undertow as a gift.  Is it any good?  What about the album that came out before that?  I can't remember the name of that album.  What do you guys consider to be Tool's best album?

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I'm not a big Tool fan by any stretch, but I keep a mix CD of songs from Aenema and Lateralus that I play pretty regularly. I probably like Aenema the most (I have Aenema-Lateralus-10,000 Days), or like the most songs from it, but Lateralus has better interludes.

Parabola is my favorite Tool song easily.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

been a fan since undertow, love them they kick all kinds of ass...saw them live in 2001 was an amazing show even though my seats sucked

my fav album is most likely Aenima, but undertow rules too (the best is the image behind the CD tray (a cow licking its own asshole 16)

fav songs are hooker with a penis and sober

I also have the dvd box set with a cd of b-sides

Communist China

Hooker with a Penis is one of my least favorite on Aenima. Am I missing something? I don't quite 'get' it.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

its a rant about the term "selling out"

A guy wearing vans shoes, levis 501 jeans, a new tattoo and peircings, a beastie boy tee shirt and drinking coke-a-cola tells maynard that TooL sucks cuz they sold out...meanwhile he is the poster boy for what is perceived as cool at the time...everything about the guy screams trends

and he basically says yeah i sold out thanks for buying my product

I've got some
Advice for you, little buddy.
Before you point your finger
You should know that
I'm the man,

If I'm the fuckin' man
Then you're the fuckin' man as well
So you can
Point that fuckin' finger up your ass.

All you know about me is what I've sold you,
Dumb fuck.
I sold out long before you ever heard my name.

I sold my soul to make a record,
Dip shit,
And you bought one.

All you read and
Wear or see and
Hear on TV
Is a product
Begging for your
Fatass dirty
Dollar

Shut up and

Buy, buy, buy, my new record
Buy, buy, buy, send more money
Fuck you, buddy.

basically he's saying "oh the irony that this jackass is calling me a sellout"...i just dig the track and the message...it applies to alot of gnr fans who hate slash for selling out too 16 its nice and heavy too 9

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

One of my favourites of that album as well! 9

Its the only Tool album I have, some reaqlly great songs on it. Lateralus is next purchase I think.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

depends what you are after?

lateralus and 10,000 days are more meoldic....undertow is more rock like aenima, but not as polished....

Opiate is really raw thats their album before the fame hit...a couple cool tracks on it though smile

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I like rock and I like melodic, I'll just have to get them all.

Sky Dog wrote:

Start with Aenema, then do Lateralus....awesome band. One of my favs....would love to see the new Gnr tour with Tool. Mother Goose is tight with the Tool guys so it isn't a stretch....

Communist China

Except the question of who opens for who. And I bet a lot of Tool fans would hate Axl and the whole GnR thing, sadly.

Board footer