You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Baz: "Axl really wanted CD out this year (2007)"

I guess there is still work to be done but that stuff can be done quickly, at the least the recording done...we hope hmm

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

we should guess who the 07 scapegoat will be   16

what do you think? he'll fire Beta? or maybe Del..that way they will be able top bring the recording to a new level 22

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

I guess there is still work to be done but that stuff can be done quickly, at the least the recording done...we hope hmm

'In regard to a release date for the album itself, certain minor - and I do mean minor -- additions, as well as contract negotiations, need to be completed. Barring any unforeseen complications, these things have now been adequately scheduled.'

(Axl Rose, 2006)

But as always, Axl does his double talkin' jive: My favourite parts regarding the - absolutely misleading - 'tentative release date':

'We do hope you can hold on just a bit longer, and if not, please take a break and we'll be more than glad -- if you so choose -- to see you again later.'

They were talking bout a release date in less than 3 weeks! Why would anyone take a break for such a short time? It's clear that Axl knew that they had no chance to meet that date. I bet he knew that finishing the album would take more and he was looking forward a long mixing process as well. And he had to know about the contract negotiation problems... so I don't get why he lied to his fans hmm

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Yeah, Baz, well I wanted to get laid last night, and that didn't happen. Something doesn't happen, then it's not in reality, dude.

Mikkamakka wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

'In regard to a release date for the album itself, certain minor - and I do mean minor -- additions, as well as contract negotiations, need to be completed. Barring any unforeseen complications, these things have now been adequately scheduled.'

(Axl Rose, 2006)

But as always, Axl does his double talkin' jive: My favourite parts regarding the - absolutely misleading - 'tentative release date':

'We do hope you can hold on just a bit longer, and if not, please take a break and we'll be more than glad -- if you so choose -- to see you again later.'

They were talking bout a release date in less than 3 weeks! Why would anyone take a break for such a short time? It's clear that Axl knew that they had no chance to meet that date. I bet he knew that finishing the album would take more and he was looking forward a long mixing process as well. And he had to know about the contract negotiation problems... so I don't get why he lied to his fans hmm

Technically he didn't lie because he never committed himself with that letter.  Tentative, is tentative not set in stone and that was his out.

bringbackadler
 Rep: -10 

DoubleTalkingJive wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

(Axl Rose, 2006)

Technically he didn't lie because he never committed himself with that letter.  Tentative, is tentative not set in stone and that was his out.

Was it a lie when he said it was "definitely coming out in 2006" ?

Was it a lie when he said that he would keep the fans updated should he miss the March 6 tentative release date ?

I wish Baz would just shut the fuck up with his school girl crush on Axl, already. You'd think Baz's embarassing album sales would tell him that the majority of the world isn't interested in anything that comes out of his mouth.

bba

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

(Axl Rose, 2006)

He lied because he knew it was impossible to meet that date. Hell, his album won't even come out this year. The 2004 'we hope to announce a release date in the next few months' bullshit was only wishful thinking, not a lie. But when you give yourself less than 3 months (when it takes at least 2 months to release an album and he admits that in the same letter) and a year later still nothing, then it's clear that the March date was a huge lie. I just don't understand why he needed that.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

cuz his whole fanbase was on the verge of a collapse, and he came up with that bullshit letter to calm everyone down

it worked and most peopl bought into the bullshit he laid out, some people saw it fora scam right away...others were in utter disbeleif when march came and went without a whisper....reading that again i have no idea how anyone boiught into that....i thought the letter was full of shit a year ago and it still reads the exact same 17

Board footer