You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Re: Slash to be on American Idol next week

Tommie wrote:

from twitter: 

Slash  I can not believe I'm sitting 1st row at American Idol.
13 minutes ago · Comment · LikeUnlike · via Selective Twitter · follow @SlashHudson

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:
CrashDiet wrote:

from twitter: 

13 minutes ago · Comment · LikeUnlike · via Selective Twitter · follow @SlashHudson

Is that comment from him because he is excited or because he can't believe he is actually going to go on a show like Amercian Idol?  16

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

faldor wrote:
Olorin wrote:

The Academy Awards are not a league and its not a competition. Its an award some people are handed in recognition of a special achievement and hardly anyone on the face of the earth ever gets one, never mind more than one.
They are not won by scoring points every week and totaling them up at the end of the season. The sporting comparisons are not really relevant.

Agreed.  Otherwise Trent Dilfer, among others, would be considered a better QB than Dan Marino since he won a Super Bowl.  And that's clearly not the case.

Not clearly.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:
Aussie wrote:
CrashDiet wrote:

from twitter: 

Is that comment from him because he is excited or because he can't believe he is actually going to go on a show like Amercian Idol?  16

My thoughts exactly, I'm sure its a little of both.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:

So...  They never even mentioned that Slash is currently recording a solo album.  Odd.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
jorge76 wrote:

So...  They never even mentioned that Slash is currently recording a solo album.  Odd.

^yeah they did...at the start smile

it said he took a time out from recording to mentor them

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
Neemo wrote:
jorge76 wrote:

^yeah they did...at the start smile

it said he took a time out from recording to mentor them

Oh, ok, I guess I missed that part.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

I was a bit suprised, though maybe I am off here, that they used GNR videos when introducing Slash. I just figured, just like using GNR's music, they would have to get Axl's permission to use those. Maybe I'm wrong though.

Hell, I don't care what anyone thinks, I thought it was cool seeing Slash on there. I dont care much for the show anymore, but I made sure to tune in for Slash.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I tried to watch, but couldn't make it through much of it.  I saw the Slash intro and a little bit of the 1st 2 performances.  I just hate that show with a passion, I couldn't go through with it.  Not even for Slash.  God I wish he didn't go on that show.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

I can understand why he goes on there, but that doesn't mean I have to agree with it.  Honestly, I usually check out after the dreck in the first week.  The thing that really bugs me about this show is that there are a lot of talented musicians struggling out there to make it.  They play in small clubs because I think they love their craft and geniunely believe in it.  Then you have this show which is basically a glorified karaoke contest.  Most of the females have to sing in a certain style and some are selected for their personal story.  Even if you don't win you get some form of PR.

Board footer