You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Re: How do I make videos?

Olorin wrote:

How can I make videos ripping footage from DVDs to make up my own music videos? The kind of thing you see on youtube all the time, I quite fancy giving it a go.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I don't rip from DVD's really, I'm sure you can google that. There's ways you can rip footage from youtube, and convert it into an mpeg whicfh you should be able to edit with.

As for editing, Windows I believe comes with Windows Movie Maker. A pretty generic editing software. Pinnacle makes software as well. Sony Vegas is probably a higher quality editor. It's fairly professional and cheap (around $180 or so). Then you get into Adobe Premiere or Mac's Final Cut Pro, which are several hundred dollars. You can find old versions of these (all the software really) on ebay. Once you get the software (if you do) I'd recommend a Books for Dummies for that version, it's a good guide.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I wont rip from youtube, I have lofty ambitions lol.

Sony Vegas sounds like what I'm after, I may have lofty ambitions but I still have to be moderately thrifty.

I would like to use footage from a movie and combine it with a song to tell the story of the song in an unorthodox fashion. I have a few smoke induced ideas I'd like to try out.

Board footer