You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Re: If the Skwerl

Gong wrote:

If the Skwerl gets jail-time, how will you feel?

Frankly, I hope that if this happens someone leaks a song or two.

Kevin does not deserve jail.
Show your support here for him.

If the RIAA wants to "make an example" of Kevin, I suggest that we do the same and "make an example" by leaking a few more tracks.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

It's a shame that the label decided to go after Skwerl as harshly as they did, and I hope he avoids jail time. I will admit though that he did not handle his predicament very well.

AtariLegend wrote:

He struck a major blow into the heart of "Chinese Democracy", an album by a band I really wanted to succeed..

He didn't do it "to help out fans" or "get the album released", he done it cause he wanted to get famous.

I'm not going to deny I downloaded that music, but that doesn't change the law.

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

He struck a major blow into the heart of "Chinese Democracy", an album by a band I really wanted to succeed..

You could say the same thing about A. Rose

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

Axl did more to damage his own cd than Skwerl..  I download music, I admit, but then I buy it if I like it.  Most of the people I know who download wouldnt buy it regardless so there is no revenue lost there.
Only Axl and the CD is to blame for its lack of success

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I dont buy into the whole "5 minutes of fame" shite, I see all forum members as equal and I dont believe the most famous leakers ever viewed themselves as anything more than one of us.
In the long wasteful time before Chinese Democracy was released, if I had access to a few new songs I would have leaked them as well. Not for fame and glory, just because thats whatcha do, you share.
Using MSL as an example, aside from all his theatrics he always treats the other forum users with respect and comes across as a decent guy, I dont get the hate. Then again I dont get the hate for Slash or for Axl from certain divisions.
I dont doubt he liked a bit of attention but he wasnt exactly an asshole about it, I found his whole act and dramatics pretty damn amusing and I dont trust anyone who sticks the boot into him now.

Skwerl fucked up, he did something illegal in a high profile manner, and I believe he should be fined a realistic amount of money. A costly fine, but not an absurd amount with umpteen zeros. The fact of the matter is that he was treated appallingly by the authorities, home raided at gunpoint while he was sleeping as if he was a dealer selling heroin down the local playground. That was fucking ridiculous, plus the bail money the put on his head, it was just a joke.
Back to the original question, if he does get jailed I will absolutely feel sorry for him and feel he has been harshly treated.

However I absolutely have no wish for anymore leaks and will look at new leakers with a different opinion, fuck that shit. The new album will come when it comes, if in 10 years there is still nothing, then I would understand people being desperate for a leak or 2. But now I'm more interested in Chinese Democracy, that was released a few months ago,  and seeing the new songs I like live and very loud!

As a matter of fact I doubt I will ever be thirsty for GN'R leaks again, the illusion and fantasy of the new Guns N'Roses unheard material has diminished to less than a shadow of its former pomp.
Not that I doubt the quality of any other material, its just that the levels of expectation rose to ridiculous levels during 2000-2008, and as we all know now, it was only really just another album, no more no less.

AtariLegend wrote:

The latest from "MYGNR";

Mysteron wrote:
darknemus wrote:

I just had to chime in on this thread for a moment for.. well.. somewhat obvious reasons.

A. Although I have absolutely no qualms with what Skwerl did - I don't think it should have been done that publicly or with quite so much.. brouhaha as it were.  It was just ASKING for the wrong kind of attention.  That being said, however, his actions most definitely DID reignite public interest in a perceived as pretty much 'dead' project.

B. Guys - remember what MSL does for a living before coming down on the guy.  I've dealt with him on numerous occasions - he's a pro wrestler - sometimes he's working you - othertimes, its a shoot.  You have to be smart enough to tell the difference.

C. My personal '2 cents' on leaks?  Provided they're not being sold then I PERSONALLY don't have a problem with them.  Yes, it might be a 'work in progress' - and needs to be viewed as such.  Having had access to a variety of 'works in progress' for various pieces of entertainment  over the years I can only say they've ENHANCED my enjoyment of the final in almost all cases.

D. I'm fairly certain we haven't seen the last of the GNR leaks.. Patience and all that smile

Have a great day, everyone.

-darknemus

Skwerl banged GN'R to promote himself and his site. MSL is a struggling wrestlier, he's admitted himself he banged GN'R to promote himself as well. Judge them how you will.

Ultimately, I can understand that GN'R took too long to release the recent album but the leaks have taken their toll on GN'R and it has made the goodship GN'R unstable.

If you want to release more leaks, go ahead. The folk that have been involved in leaking are all scum floating on the GN'R pond. You all wanted your five minutes of fame etc.. and now you have it, but now it's the real fans are having to deal with the outcome of it all.

AtariLegend wrote:
Mysteron wrote:
bonhamfan1 wrote:
Mysteron wrote:

Skwerl banged GN'R to promote himself and his site. MSL is a struggling wrestlier, he's admitted himself he banged GN'R to promote himself as well. Judge them how you will.

Ultimately, I can understand that GN'R took too long to release the recent album but the leaks have taken their toll on GN'R and it has made the goodship GN'R unstable.

If you want to release more leaks, go ahead. You are all scum floating on the GN'R pond. You all wanted your five minutes of fame etc.. and now you have it, but now it's the real fans are having to deal with the outcome of it all.

You guys will never learn will you?
We are not the fucking enemy.

We are the only fans you have left.

Stop pissing on us.

The comment was made in reference to those that had leaked tracks. That probably equates to less than 10 people.

And I have made adjustments to my post accordingly  roll  roll

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

Atari,

I think Skewrl also worked for UMG at some point.  In this case he differs from MSL and others, those guys leaked demos.  Skewrl I think leaked finished product (or at least close to) from a company he used to work for.  There's a big distinction there.  That's why he gets zero sympathy from me.  I'm not even considering the entire self promotion angle either.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Skwerl deserves to go to jail but he is kind of the scapegoat in all this

with Axl sitting on the sidelines, leaks didn't kill CD, Axl and his lack of doing shit killed CD.

Board footer