You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Journey Discussion (Film about newest singer coming)

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:

After seeing/hearing Steve Perry on TV when the White Sox won the world series, I'm happy he's not in Journey anymore.  Unless he gets some singing lessons, they'll never take him back.  This band was amazing when he was in front, and he was one of AOR's premier voices.  Doesn't sound like he's been practicing over the years though.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Backslash wrote:

After seeing/hearing Steve Perry on TV when the White Sox won the world series, I'm happy he's not in Journey anymore.  Unless he gets some singing lessons, they'll never take him back.  This band was amazing when he was in front, and he was one of AOR's premier voices.  Doesn't sound like he's been practicing over the years though.

That was here in Chicago, and, give him a break, it was about 30 degrees that day, he was on a PA system, not a concert system, no monitor, anything.

And, he's the one that left the band, so taking him back is a moot point. He doesn't want to be in the band.

Anyway, you can find this new guy on YouTube, and he sounds EXACTLY like Steve Perry. It's freakin' weird. I'm a huge Journey fan, by the way. I'll just admit that right now.

dragster
 Rep: 2 

dragster wrote:

Bands like Journey, Styx, etc. were never my cuppa tea really, but I'm curious to listen to the new singer! :9

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Robman
 Rep: 5 

Robman wrote:
Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:

I wasn't talking about on the PA system.  He did a little improv thing with the guys on SportsCentre.  But like you said, it was without a monitor or anything, and he may have been exhausted from cheering and everything, so who knows.  He just sounded really bad at the time is all.  I'm sure with proper training and vocal exercise he could get back into game shape.  A Journey reunion would be worth me making a special trip.

Aww he looks great and agreed.

Anyway he was just messing around, no serious singing here.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer