You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Re: Chinese Democracy (Guitar Tab Book)

Axl S wrote:

Right, so this was for one of the alt versions of the album last year which is why it has the mistakes still left in. They've just only leaked out now.

emcitymisfit
 Rep: 28 

emcitymisfit wrote:

Over at mygnr they quashed all discussion of the artwork because they were "unfounded rumors." and "likely fake."

Madison sucks. The mods there are losers, and that place is the new htgth

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:
monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

So i pre-ordered the Tab book.

It was going to come out June 30th.

Today (July 2) I got this email:

amazon.com wrote:

We're still trying to obtain the following item[s] you ordered on June 27 2009:

Guns N' Roses "Guns N' Roses - Chinese Democracy"

hmmm...the more things change.....:haha:

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Yeah, in defense of GNR (seems we have to say that a lot), they never announced this, did they?  Could this just be another of Amazon's many cases of jumping the gun on GNR release dates?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah I'm not really blaming GNR, I just thought that email sounded funny, cos lets face it, most of us spent like the past 13 years trying to 'obtain' CD!! hehe.

I think it was amazon getting cute and it's prob a publishing delay....i'm sure it'll be well worth having when it comes....I was just having a bit of fun.

faldor

faldor wrote:

I'm not sure how and why Amazon keeps doing these things.  Not sure if it happens with other bands, but you'd think they'd have learned their lessons in dealing with GNR by now.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
faldor wrote:

Yeah, in defense of GNR (seems we have to say that a lot), they never announced this, did they?  Could this just be another of Amazon's many cases of jumping the gun on GNR release dates?

But there was official artwork and a cover for the tab book which means it must exist... somewhere.

faldor

faldor wrote:

If it does exist and they were given the June 30th release date they should've added an asterisk saying - remember this IS GNR so anything could happen, we are not responsible if it doesn't come out on the release date or anytime thereafter.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i'm assuming that the Tab Book is outside the influence of GnR...Uni owns the publishing rights, and obviously they contracted them to Hal Leonard for the tab book

Board footer