You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: Ozzy Osbourne Parts Ways with Zakk Wylde

metallex78 wrote:

I think it's a shame Zakk is being replaced due to the history him and Ozzy have together, but Zakk hasn't written anything that great with Ozzy probably since Ozzmosis.

Maybe Ozzy will get a guitarist that can actually write with him,I mean I've always dug Zakk since he first joined Ozzy's band,but the last couple of Ozzy albums have,well how should I say this,they sucked.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:

i keep saying.. when it comes to song writing zakk has gotten extremely lazy...
the pride & glory record... book of shadows and the first 2 black label records are brilliant... after that.. it became more about how much shit can you throw at a wall to make some of it stick... he's kinda been "coasting" ever since... i think that clearly shows on BLS records and the last 2 oz records... granted... he didn't help write "down to earth"... but black rain? i expected something at LEAST in the ball park of no more tears or even ozzmosis... what i got was 3 really good songs and an assload of filler...

having said that...
1.black rain sounds NOTHING like BLS....
2. Zakk isn't the one to blame for oz's shit records.. ozzy is.. there coulda been at LEAST 2 more great songs on black rain... but the production is just sackless...he needs to quit trying to sound fucking modern and just play some fucking songs.. hire a band that has some fucking chemistry and throw down.. the reason no more tears worked is because castillo, inez and zakk wrote great shit he could fucking work with... he brings in lemmy( an excellent song writer in his own right) to help him with lyrics.. and disco...
ozzmosis was great cuz he had zakk and geezer laying down some heavy ass shit and a no nonsense REAL producer that made him take it up a notch(like any GOOD producer should) and the magic was in the results... ozz may have been sour on the experience after the fact.. but noone can deny that was the last really good record he put out...

why the fuck didn't he just keep joe holmes after zakk bounced? homeboy can play.. he had a decent chemistry with trujillo and puffy.. they wrote, IMHO the only good song on DTE together.....
because everyone was clamoring for an oz/zakk reunion... oz knows that beyond randy..  his finest moment was with zakk.. and he capitalized on that...
ozzy's problem isn't that he's gone.. or that he needs a new guitar player... his fucking problem is production/mixing...he puts waaaaaay too much faith in producers.. down to earth was dogshit because ozzy's his own fucking worst enemy.. he hasn't a god damn clue WHAT sounds good anymore...so he hires some guy who "has all the answers" and doesn't require him to bust his ass and sing his balls off and puts all his chips down...

zakk definitely needs to step up his game back to a level that i know he's capable of... but if ANYONE thinks that john 5(or any other guitar player, for that matter) is the cure for what ails ozzy records going forward... they're going to be terribly dissapointed...Zakk's getting fucked right now.. hard... in the ass...without lube.

but maybe.. just maybe.. he'll learn from the experience and start putting out some shit  that he can be proud of...some shit that'll show ozzy he was stupid to can him... like he did the last time....

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

wow...i see this as a big loss for Ozzy. Zakk is killer in his band.

While i'm a fan of BLS, I prefer stuff from the Sonic Brew era, the more recent records all sound quite similar to me and while it's plesent the songs don't capture me the way the earlier ones did.

I also feel like most of Zakks best stuff comes with ozzy too...but that's just me. I far prefered the Black Rain album to the most recent BLS outing.

John 5 is amazing in his solo shit so he'd be good - but it sounds like he isn't getting this gig...

I wonder if there is more to this story. I mean BLS isn't new. And zakk's style doesn't alter much IMO. So like...why has he suddently decided it's not working?

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
tylerdurden wrote:

1.black rain sounds NOTHING like BLS....

i'll have to listen to both black rain and shot to hell again, but i remember when they both came out i felt that they were very similar guitar wise, i even mentioned it at the time, but both albums were recorded back to back so its to be expected...but i jsut feel that if Ozzy is making a record then zakk should go into ozzy mode and if itsa ZBLS record then he should go into full BLS mode

that being said i love both ozzy and zakk,,,its a shame to see them part, but its not the first and i doubt it'll be the last

but down to earth and under cover i didnt like either of those albums, one didnt have zakk on it the other zakk didnt write shit for

also if note, 1919 eternal was supposed to be Down to earth "but it sounded too Black label"

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Down To Earth had a few good songs on it - Gets Me Through and That I Never Had, but Zakk didn't write either of them.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Down To Earth had a few good songs on it - Gets Me Through and That I Never Had, but Zakk didn't write either of them.

I agree... zakk's playing made that record at least halfway listenable

he was trying to prove something... as well as early in his solo career... now he either has the "fuck its" or he's spreading himself too thin... either way i think ozzy wants to be the fucking Beatles and do all sorts of different crazy shit.. and it's only gonna come off as cheesy

skippy
 Rep: 33 

skippy wrote:

John 5 played guitar and bass on the David Roth cd, "DLR band", pretty good stuff.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:
russtcb wrote:

this from Zakk's Twitter:

I haven't heard anything about this. Until I talk to the Boss I don't know. I love Ozzy.

I'm doing Blizzcon with him in August and supposed to finish up the cd in September….this is news to me

Thats bad..  Maybe its a fake story then, if not, its shitty, much like being dumped by sms

Board footer