You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Re: Some asshat trying to trash MSL

Olorin wrote:
supaplex wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Axl must have been really pissed when what most consider the best song on the album, TWAT, leaked. That msl version is almost identical to the album version, I actually prefer it, that and the original chinese democracy.

he didn't look so pissed at the shows in 2006 as far as i remember. calling us "downloading motherfuckers" and joking about it.
plus, when he came out at the korn party in feb. 06 he name dropped his favorite songs: better, the blues, twat; then, guess what tracks magically appeared online wink

Olorin wrote:

Its not just us who listened to the leaks though, they were played on the radio and reveiwed in magazines so a lot more people would have checked them out, Chinese Democracy was Classic Rock Magazines album of the year in 2007!!

ok, you are right about that but, tell me how many of those people still listen to the songs now? demos or no demos. they forgot about them as fast as you can say anti-quiet. if the song would be such a massive hit you'd at least hear them now and then on the radio.

So you think it was intentional? I dont know, I suspected it when I thought there was a vault of A listed songs, but now I doubt it.

Yeah I know they were forgotten, I'm not saying they were a smash hit but that doesnt mean that Axl/GNR never felt they should try freshening up the songs cause they were already out there. Who knows, I dont doubt they thought it important to get Ron on there somewhere though leaks or no leaks.

kingoffspring
 Rep: 1 

mister saint laurent wrote:

i usually end up in the world of GNR when i desperately need a reason to convince myself that it's worth being alive. as i type this right now, i just don't feel like that anymore. i've got lots of people coming from out of town to see me play this weekend and that is what is getting me out of bed at the moment.

and one day when there is nothing that is able to get me out of bed, i'm sure i'll be back searching for songs.

You truly are a tormented soul god bless you sir.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I'd have liked to have seen them go into the studio as a band in 2006 or 7 and played the songs with the full 8-peice band in the studio and have released that as the album.

i think its was mygnrsucks who said that one of his biggest problems was the vocals recorded in 1999...and still used 9 years later...i agree

if they recorded as a band...even sans axl if he wasthat attached to his vocal recordings...it would've brought some cohesion there...they could've even pasted some BH solos if they didnt wanna give them up...whatever...its easy to be an armchair critic though

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

What convinces me that version of twat is the same fan made one I used to listen to, is because the intro is the same, and also there is heavy distortion on the guitars during the 2 chorus bits in the first half of the song. Its just like the one I remember, because the person who made the edit had played around with the equaliser and volume level of the original leak. I can remember having doubts about burning it cd cause that part annoyed me.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

It was created by a user at ChineseDemocracy.com back in May of 2006. Maybe it was Phrozen Inferno.

There's also a version that plays the fanmade intro during the entire song.

Sorry, but that's how it is.

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Yeah I know they were forgotten, I'm not saying they were a smash hit but that doesnt mean that Axl/GNR never felt they should try freshening up the songs cause they were already out there. Who knows, I dont doubt they thought it important to get Ron on there somewhere though leaks or no leaks.

but by the time they got the songs freshened up they were 2 years old again. because time moves in slow motion in the gnr studio 3 they could do hundreds of versions of the same songs and that was their problem i think. they had so many bits and pieces that it was impossible to find something coherent in there.
meh, what's done is done. if there's a studio silkworms out there it's the only thing i'm interested in hearing. maybe one day.

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

Found it!

I have this on the end of one of my old compilations, the crowd sound at the beginning is because I mixed it into to the previous song.

But this is the one I'm refering to from yesteryear:

http://www.4shared.com/file/119908042/f … _Time.html

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I must say, and this isn't ment as insulting to MSL who clearly did his best, I don't understand why demo versions of the songs have any value to hoard now.

The songs have been finished on the album. An old version of IRS, TWAT or anything else is simply an old version and only of interest from a curiosity point of view. It's on par now with the early demos and November Rain, Nightrain and whatever else. Worth a vague listen for interest, should be freely out there,  but not really of much interest. You play them once or twice then stick with the album versions.

Pre the album coming out those things were like rare gold. A taste of something magical hidden from the larger world. Now they're just poor quality drafts of something better anyone can buy in a store.

I can see that songs that are not on the album, like Silkworms or The General would still have have huge value - but anyone getting a hardon over other stuff they're hording is in dreamworld.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
mister saint laurent wrote:

just woke up and the posts i just read kind of blend together in my head, but i'll try to address what i can remember . . .

there is a difference between being disappointed & blaming me for the disappointment. yes i know there were posts made about all this stuff that was supposedly about to leak, but i had nothing to do with those posts. to many, the multitracks are meaningless. however, a lot of people care about them and i had hundreds of people contact me begging me to get them after felixed starting teasing people.

in the end, he didn't actually have all of them. what you have now is what he had. *i* was very disappointed and that's part of why i released what i had and terminated the project.

had he actually had them all, there were many trades on the table. who knows, maybe eventually somebody will get the rest of the masters and i will get dragged back into this.

as for TWAT, look, i'm not an expert on this stuff. to those that insist it's fan made, their reasoning is how similar it is and the intro seeming pasted.

however, to the actual experts, some of whom have dozens of versions of some of these songs, that version is considered 100% legit and was used to trade for the mogg of prostitute.

so believe what you want. i was not after any alternates, i was after the multitracks, which i hoped to trade for the general, atlas shrugged, or silkworms, and once i had one of those songs i was fairly certain i would end up with all 3 as i knew enough people with them that didn't know each other that i was confident i'd be able to make some trades.

when i was finally told the rest of the multis were not being sent because felixed never had them to begin with, i decided to shift the focus in my life back to my own music. i'm having a launch party at my warehouse this weekend and have been attempting to rehearse a full length set while also working on the GNR stuff, which has meant a couple hours sleep tops if i was lucky and many days with no sleep at all. whether i got 1 multi or 13 in the end, the workload was the same.

as for using the GNR stuff to further my music, it was actually quite the opposite. it was the music that ended up furthering the GNR stuff. i was in full hype mode over in my little world. keep in mind my message board has been around for over ten years in various forms and sadly at times ends up being a lot more active than many of the bigger GNR boards. on the night i was supposed to upload a new song, i got a PM from someone on my board asking me to help with the multitrack stuff and they sent those two oggs to prove they were legit.

it would be unfair to expect me to stop hyping my music just because somebody asked me to also get involved in GNR stuff.

every time i tell myself i'm done, in the end i get brought back into it. so who knows. deep down i know i'll probably be the one to get checkmate, but i think it's going to take a lot of work and sadly a lot of $$$$$$$$$$$$$.

and i'll spend it. and then i'll share. and then i'll still have hundreds of assholes contacting me to let me know how much i suck for only getting one song, (or if it's true that only 2:30 of checkmate is out there) or only a piece of a song, what a let down it is, etc.

and there'll be just as many people singing my praises. that's just how this game goes i guess.

i usually end up in the world of GNR when i desperately need a reason to convince myself that it's worth being alive. as i type this right now, i just don't feel like that anymore. i've got lots of people coming from out of town to see me play this weekend and that is what is getting me out of bed at the moment.

and one day when there is nothing that is able to get me out of bed, i'm sure i'll be back searching for songs.

Dude, don't sweat the people giving you shit. Anyone with any kind of a brain (like the real posters here) know that GNR leaks aren't your job or obligation to do and you're doing a huge favor to the community. There's no problem from this board about promoting your music.

And, as was said before, a lot of people wanted those Rockband tracks and you did a lot of people a huge favor by getting them. It sucks that Felix guy was full of shit, but hopefully something "new" happens some time in the future. Don't let the assholes get you down, dude.

And it wouldn't surprise me that most of these people giving you shit are hoarders....

Thanks again for all the work, man. Your work is much appreciated 22

Board footer