You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Some more interesting points in Slash's book that I never knew about

buzzsaw wrote:

I think they all participated in the writing process for every song, but not enough to necessarily deserve a writing credit.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i'm doing my best to ignore this thread until i read the book sad how is  the book btw? its on my wish list 16

Neemo wrote:

i'm doing my best to ignore this thread until i read the book sad how is  the book btw? its on my wish list 16

I haven't read it either.. from what I can see, its full of inaccurate info.   Even Duff made a comment.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i dont think its meant to be a historical account of GnR...slash even said he had to really work to remeber some stuff, its Slash's life through Slash's eyes, an intersting read in any case as far as i'm concerned 21

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
Neemo wrote:

It's a great read for fans of Slash or Gn'R. No where does he state he is 100 right or remembers stuff to the fullest. So with him stating that over and over again the book I fail to see how people get off on showing things that are "wrong" or "right".

I just can't take it seriously when there is completely innaccurate shit in it like this (thanks to jarmo for transcribing)

"When he jumped down, it was great, we kept playing that suspenseful riff that starts off "Rocket Queen," and I thought the whole moment was killer. When Axl got back onstage, everything felt triumphant for a second... then he grabbed the mike, said something like, "Because of the bullshit security, we're going home," slammed the mike down, and walked offstage.

The band kept going. We'd gotten good at improvising to fill dead space - drum solos, guitar solos jams - we had a bag of tricks to keep things moving whenever Axl made a sudden exit. We kept jamming, and I went over to the side of the stage.

"Where is he? I asked Doug.

He looked at me with a pained expression. "He's not coming back."

"What do you mean he's not coming back?" I shouted, still playing the riff.

"There is no way he is coming back," Doug said. "There is nothing I can do."

We were about ninety minutes into our set, which was our minimum contractually, but the plan was to play a two-hour ser and the crowd wasn't close to satisfied. They knew there was a lot more left. I would have done anything to get Axl back onstage at that point.

"Ask him again!" I yelled. "Find out if he's really not going to." I should have known by Doug's expression that there was no use.

Once it was final, we had no choice: the band put down our gear, and it was like pulling the plug on the stereo - the song just ended on a question mark. That entire arena sat there expecting something to happen, but instead we walked offstage without a word."

Anyone could watch the footage and see that this is nonsense:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkec02UjybE

yet people will read this and take it as the "truth"

and this is just one thing we can prove is a lie because we have video footage.   why didn't he bother to check the video footage?   what else in this book is inaccurate bullshit?   Really makes you wonder..

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

AtariLegend wrote:

I think the bit where he bashs the Q Sound ideas Axl wanted to try out is annoying, some of those Q-Sound are amazing they bring a whole new live to even "Estranged" with or without 5 speakers.

To me this says alot about Slashs vision, lets just play... Sure they were amazing, but they almost could've been so much more... hmm

Board footer