You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: The "Iron Maiden" Thread

AtariLegend wrote:

IRON MAIDEN: 'Play With Madness' Video Game In The Works - Oct. 15, 2007

According to a posting on the IRON MAIDEN fan site MaidenNorway.com, Norwegian video game developer Hybris is working on a new game based on MAIDEN's music and the band's mascot Eddie. The game has been awarded a grant from the Norwegian Film Fund for the first phase of development for this new game which has been given the working title "Play With Madness".

The dramatic setting for this new game is a mix of the Northern mythology gods (Odin, Thor and the others) and MAIDEN's universe. Play With Madness contains a fantastic gallery of characters. The idea is that the Northern Gods reach out to Eddie and the band when Ragnarok (the end of the world) approaches. The action kicks off with Eddie being given an assignment from Odin, and starts his world tour which brings him to a bloody battle between Norwegian Vikings and Japanese Samurai, among other things. The player will be thrown into Ragnarok with the force of heavy metal!

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … emID=82794

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I don't know any Maden - whats a good album to get into them with?

AtariLegend wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Dude there's no way, you've never heard "Run To The Hills", "Bring Your Daughter To The Slaughter", "Fear Of The Dark" "5 Minutes To Midnight" ect....

If you really haven't heard any Maiden before, then check out "Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son".... happy-smiley-696.gif

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Excellent thanks heaps smile

I know its tradgic...but somehow i just missed them!

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:

I'd start with Number of the Beast or Powerslave.  Those albums are classics.

Horrific
 Rep: 7 

Horrific wrote:

Iron Maiden Nets New UK Deal.

British heavy-metal legends Iron Maiden announced this week that they have renewed and extended their relationship with EMI through a worldwide agreement that brings in additional revenue streams from touring, merchandise and sponsorships. Terms of the deal were not released, but a spokeswoman from EMI did confirm that the new contract does exclude the US where the band is licensed to Universal (after buying the band's previous US label Sanctuary), and that the additional revenue streams were not a part of the former contract. Maiden and EMI have had a marathon-length partnership that has spanned some 28 years and counting.

This deal follows the new "360 deal" model that has labels offering broader contracts using other revenue sources as a way to help them make up losses due to rampant CD piracy in parts of Africa, Asia and Latin America. "For a band with a global following like Maiden, who rely on fan word of mouth, touring and marketing/sales expertise as they receive little or no radio or TV support, it is key that the 100 percent support and implementation of our visual marketing campaigns internationally is both effective and enthusiastic," Maiden manager Rod Smallwood said in a press release.

The band will embark on a mammoth six week, 60,000 mile world tour in early 2008 that has vocalist Bruce Dickinson flying the band, equipment and crew from destination to destination in a customized Boeing 757 jet. Maiden also announced last week that they will be playing the 50,000 capacity Twickenham Rugby Stadium in July, which marks their first-ever UK stadium show.

http://www.ironmaiden.com/

source:http://prod1.cmj.com/articles/display_a … d=53047298

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

While Number of the Beast and Powerslave (Backslash recommendations) are great albums and Seventh Son of a Seventh Son (AtariLegend's pick from which the single "Can I Play With Madness?" comes from) is decent too these fail in comparison to Maiden's best album...Piece of Mind.  Piece of Mind is the album Maiden released when they were at the top of their game and they have never/nor likely will ever top it.

With that said this is still NOT the album I would recommend for a person who is new to Maiden and would like to give them a listen.  I would recommend 2002's "Edward the Great" which is basically a greatest hits package.  While I always feel noone ever gets the right list of songs for a greatest hits together, this one is definitely decent.   Here is the tracklist:

1.Run To The Hills     
2. The Number Of The Beast   
3. Flight Of Icarus     
4. The Trooper   
5. 2 Minutes To Midnight   
6. Wasted Years '99   
7. Can I Play With Madness   
8. The Evil That Men Do   
9. The Clairvoyant     
10. Infinite Dreams   
11. Holy Smoke     
12. Bring Your Daughter...To The Slaughter   
13. Man On The Edge   
14. Futureal   
15. The Wicker Man     
16. Fear Of The Dark (Live)

You can pick this up used at Amazon for less than five bucks.  If you prefer something even better, then get "A Real Live One" and "A Real Dead One".  These two cds together would really give you the ultimate sampling of this band's work. 

Here's the link for Edward the Great and it includes samples of each song listed to give you a taste of the album before you order it!  Hope this helps.          5 

http://www.amazon.com/Edward-Great-Grea … B00006SM7W

Backslash

Backslash wrote:

Hey gang, just found out that Maiden is playing at the Saddledome a day or two after I arrive in Calgary.  I'm very excited as this will be my first Maiden concert.  What more, this tour "Somewhere Back in Time" is supposed to focus on a lot of their 80s material (by far, my favourite Maiden era).  So, I'm looking to hook a few tickets.  Pre-sale starts March 25 and the sale's open to the public on March 28.  Tickets are only $70, so I obviously want to get them ASAP and not from a scalper.

Anyone a member at ironmaiden.com?  If not, do you think it's worth the $20 to sign up and get the guaranteed pre-sale tickets?

Backslash

Backslash wrote:

What bullshit... I joined the fan club and tried for the presale today... NO floor available... that's ridiculous!  $20 down the toilet... and I'm not going to a Maiden concert to sit in the stands.  So, I'm no better off and will have to wait for the rest of the tickets to be released before I can get the floor tickets.  Pretty dumb though... I only joined the fan club so I could get good tickets.

Backslash

Backslash wrote:

Got my ticket.  Seated though, in the second bowl... got scared that Live Nation and radio presale info would leak and the event would sell out, so I bought a ticket today.  I still think there will be floor seats when tickets are open for the public tomorrow.  If there's anything better available by then, I'll buy another and sell this one.  I'm sure it won't be difficult.  If not, I'll stay in my seat and watch on the big screens.  I'd be able to cope! haha

Board footer