You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

Re: Country..cool old school country

jorge76 wrote:

This is an odd bump of a thread that it seems only two of us gave a shit about anyway... but...

If anybody hasn't heard Johnny Cash's version of NIN's Hurt you need to,even if you generally hate country.  Also, if you have heard it and haven't seen the video it's just as good as the song. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmVAWKfJ4Go

Especially creepy/really cool when you think about the fact that both he and his wife were dead within a year or so after this.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

I like country, but it has to be real country and not that pop stuff out these days. I like old school country, and I like when it meets with southern rock. I love Hank Jr, David Alan Coe, Alan Jackson, George Strait, etc.

"If that aint country, I'll kiss your ass..."

Sky Dog wrote:

exactly!-that's what I 'm talkin' about...sometimes I go too old school though!:haha:
I like the guys who are basically rock stars...the original Hank Williams, Merle Haggard, Johnny Cash, Loretta Lynn, Hank Jr, Waylon, Willie..:mosh:

Jorge, don't give up hope....they are lurking out there!

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
NY Giants82 wrote:

David Allan Coe's playing here in a couple weeks.  I hope I get a chance to go, but with all the holiday stuff I'm not sure.  I've seen him before, and it was a great show.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:
jorge76 wrote:
NY Giants82 wrote:

David Allan Coe's playing here in a couple weeks.  I hope I get a chance to go, but with all the holiday stuff I'm not sure.  I've seen him before, and it was a great show.

I saw him a few years ago with Kid Rock. It was pretty good. Who doesnt love "The Ride"?!

F*ck Fear
 Rep: 4 

F*ck Fear wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

Should I call my grandma and have her join this forum?:haha:

I was never much of a country fan. I like some 70's/early 80's Hank Williams Jr., a few songs from Randy Travis, Dwight Yoakam, and a few others. Like a few Dixie Chicks songs also.

Yes Sir!
Hank Williams Jr is the shit!

Sky Dog wrote:

If Heaven Ain't A Lot Like Dixie, I don't wanna go.....:mosh:

F*ck Fear
 Rep: 4 

F*ck Fear wrote:
madagas wrote:

If Heaven Ain't A Lot Like Dixie, I don't wanna go.....:mosh:

Old school Jr is great man. Nothing like Stoned At The Jukebox.

Sky Dog wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewnfWoSQz3o

watch Mother Maybelle flat pick that guitar..........now that is old school.:butt:

you laugh, she is one of the most influential guitar players of the last 100 years.  That is June Carter Cash's mom.

Board footer