You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Re: GNR tour dates in Canada?

Naltav wrote:

I don't get why some of you doubt they will play more CD-songs....

During the UYI-tour(s), they played a bunch of songs that wasn't released as singles or considered hits.

I.E: Coma (not often, but they played it)
      So Fine
      Dust N' Bones
      Dead Horse
      Move To The City
      Bad Obsession
      Pretty Tied Up
      Double Talkin' Jive
      You Ain't The First
      (...there's prolly more...)

With that said, if they do stick to the CD-songs they played during '02 and '06-'07, as some have pointed out before, that would still be like doing what every other band in the world do when they tour!

And on topic: very happy for the Canadian fans! Hope you have a blast! I'm sure you will!  smile

Edit: yay, for my first post on this forum!  3

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

At least Axl is doing something. Finally. Anytime he leaves Malibu is good news. Although the tour is as far from me as it can be, I hope they'll be good. If they play a CD heavy setlist and don't live in the past anymore, I might go to see them in Europe. If they come.

Side note for Handsome: it seems like Axl took revenge on Vancouver for his no-show in 2002 16  19

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I'll be laughing very long and hard if CD gets a second wind, but realisticly I'm not thinking about that and just hoping they put out some singles and videos to promote the tour, and actually play the game to encourage more bums on seats. Throw the kitchen sink at it!
Milking the album couldnt possibly do it any harm, as things stand right now, I'd say the only way is up 3

Thank you, Mikkamakka. Thank you.

I'll fuck off for good now. Bye!

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Bono wrote:
faldor wrote:
Bono wrote:

Let's not get all "Gn'R fanboy bitchy defesive" about it. I simply suggestd a  venue that would make sense and would sell out for them. But duely noted that those who do not plan on attending need not participate in the conversation.

You can participate all you want.  I just find it amusing that some people feel the need to rain on the parade and find something negative to talk about when positive news comes about.  Never fails.

A little push would certainly help things this time around.  Whether it's formal interviews, releasing singles, a video, something, anything.  It sure would make sense.  Of course, making sense and Guns N' Roses aren't exactly synonymous, so I won't hold my breath.

It's not raining on anyone's parade dude. I was at both Alberta shows last time around. They were not well recieved and were not sellouts. Like I said I knew A LOT of people who went to those shows and belive me they were not impressed. Far from it.  I just don't see many people who went in 2006 going again. In both cases people I know were more impressed with Baz's opening set.

I'm just saying I'll be absolutely shocked if these shows go over well let alone sell well. the Red Deer suggestion is a good idea as they could play multiple shows to sell outs of roughly 9000 fans. They'd draw from Edmonton and Calgary seeing as though Red Deer is exactly an hour from each city not to mention Red Deer and the surrounding area. hell they could probably play 3 maybe 4 shows and sell them all out. It woudl be a fantastic venue and atmosphere.  Playing Rexall in Edmonton and the Saddledome in Calgary  again with  another new version of Axl and friends is  just dumb. I don't understand the  full sized arena thought process. Like I said it's obviously ego driven and Axl has no grasp on reality as to where he stands in 2009.

I hear you.  Makes some sense.  I thought the Canada shows overall sold a lot better than the US shows.  I agree, the amount of shows is a bit surprising to me.  But let's not just deem it a failure before anything actually occurs.  Let's give it a chance.

And as for the setlist argument.  Who knows, you people preaching it'll be the same could be right.  But I'd like to think that Axl will stick to his words and focus on showcasing the new stuff.  You're assuming that Axl doesn't care about the album.  You have no concrete evidence to support that.  I would expect the setlist to change quite a bit and for more CD songs to be played.  We'll see.  If it doesn't happen, for the first time, I might be in agreement with the setlist complainers.

Sky Dog wrote:

November 15th, 2006 - Toronto, ON @ Air Canada Centre 

Notes: "Just because he's in a white suit, does not mean he's the good guy. On the keyboards, to my left, Mr. Chris Pitman".
Before Ron plays his solo, Axl asks him not to play too loud: "Don't play too loud, these people on the sides are trying to take a nap. OK?".

Axl introduces Bubble from The Trailer Park Boys before My Michelle. Bubbles then introduces a fellow Canadian who was on the Trailer Park Boys show, Sebastian Bach.

Opening acts: Die Mannequin, Suicide Girls, Sebastian Bach

Attendance: 13,051

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

November 17th, 2006 - Ottawa, ON @ Scotiabank Place 

Notes: After You Could Be Mine, Axl says "That's just another one of our multiple love songs. It's a tender ballad.".
Dizzy wears an Ottawa Senators jersey for his solo.

Axl gets the crowd to sing Happy Birthday to Richard.

Bubbles from the Trailer Park Boys comes out before the encores and Axl thanks the Trailer Park Boys and Sebastian (for introducing them).

Attendance: 9,722

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

November 18th, 2006 - Quebec City, QC @ Colisée Pepsi Sold Out! 

Notes: A sold out Saturday night show in Quebec City.
After Live And Let Die Axl comments on the great crowd "You motherfuckers are on fire and shit.... They're not on fire, that was Montreal!" (grinnning while crowd is booing). Then in a mocking voice he adds "Now there he had a good thing going and he fucking had to ruin it didn't he?"

Axl thanks the opening acts and comments that if he's bad tonight, he'd like to be sent to the penalty box with the Suicide Girls (who were watching the show from there).

Capacity: -

November 20th, 2006 - Halifax, NS @ Halifax Metro Centre Sold Out! 

Notes: A sold out show in Halifax with an appareance by the Trailer Park Boys.
Opening acts: Die Mannequin, Suicide Girls, The Trews

Capacity: 10,000

November 21st, 2006 - Saint John, NB @ Harbour Station 

Notes: Liquor And Whores is played without the Trailer Park Boys. Axl says they're there in spirit.

December 4th, 2006 - Winnipeg, MB @ MTS Centre Sold Out! 

Notes: Axl, Sebastian Bach and Bubbles sang the first couple of verses of Rush's "Closer To The Heart".
Opening acts: Helmet, Suicide Girls, Sebastian Bach

Attendance: 9,284

December 6th, 2006 - Calgary, AB @ Pengrowth Saddledome Sold Out! 

Notes: During Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Axl had to ask the crowd on the floor to take a step back. Because everyone was pushing towards the stage.

Attendance: 13,370

December 7th, 2006 - Edmonton, AB @ Rexall Place Sold Out! 

Notes: During Mr. Brownstone Axl asks the crowd to take a step back.

Attendance: 13,355

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Sky Dog wrote:

Above is the last 2006 Canadian tour according to HTGTH. Looks pretty successful to me. If those numbers are correct, you can see why they would go back....same with Japan in 2007. I still agree with Bono that the small arena/theatre rout is the best for all markets. do the 5000-10,000 seat venues and leave the bigger arenas and enormodomes alone. But, then again, it isn't our job to route tours. Let's leave that to Azoff. We should be more in Russ's camp...if you are a fan, go to the show and have fun. If you don't like the new band/album or aren't interested in the 13th Chinese Democracy tour, then don't go.

2006/2007 tour recap at HTGTH
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/tour/tour-na06-1.php

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
madagas wrote:

November 15th, 2006 - Toronto, ON @ Air Canada Centre 

Notes: "Just because he's in a white suit, does not mean he's the good guy. On the keyboards, to my left, Mr. Chris Pitman".
Before Ron plays his solo, Axl asks him not to play too loud: "Don't play too loud, these people on the sides are trying to take a nap. OK?".

Axl introduces Bubble from The Trailer Park Boys before My Michelle. Bubbles then introduces a fellow Canadian who was on the Trailer Park Boys show, Sebastian Bach.

Attendance: 13,051

November 17th, 2006 - Ottawa, ON @ Scotiabank Place 

Notes: After You Could Be Mine, Axl says "That's just another one of our multiple love songs. It's a tender ballad.".
Dizzy wears an Ottawa Senators jersey for his solo.

Axl gets the crowd to sing Happy Birthday to Richard.

Bubbles from the Trailer Park Boys comes out before the encores and Axl thanks the Trailer Park Boys and Sebastian (for introducing them).

Attendance: 9,722

November 18th, 2006 - Quebec City, QC @ Colisée Pepsi Sold Out! 

Notes: A sold out Saturday night show in Quebec City.
After Live And Let Die Axl comments on the great crowd "You motherfuckers are on fire and shit.... They're not on fire, that was Montreal!" (grinnning while crowd is booing). Then in a mocking voice he adds "Now there he had a good thing going and he fucking had to ruin it didn't he?"

Axl thanks the opening acts and comments that if he's bad tonight, he'd like to be sent to the penalty box with the Suicide Girls (who were watching the show from there).

November 20th, 2006 - Halifax, NS @ Halifax Metro Centre Sold Out! 

Notes: A sold out show in Halifax with an appareance by the Trailer Park Boys.

Capacity: 10,000

November 21st, 2006 - Saint John, NB @ Harbour Station 

Notes: Liquor And Whores is played without the Trailer Park Boys. Axl says they're there in spirit.

December 4th, 2006 - Winnipeg, MB @ MTS Centre Sold Out! 

Notes: Axl, Sebastian Bach and Bubbles sang the first couple of verses of Rush's "Closer To The Heart".

Attendance: 9,284

December 6th, 2006 - Calgary, AB @ Pengrowth Saddledome Sold Out! 

Notes: During Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Axl had to ask the crowd on the floor to take a step back. Because everyone was pushing towards the stage.

Attendance: 13,370

December 7th, 2006 - Edmonton, AB @ Rexall Place Sold Out! 

Notes: During Mr. Brownstone Axl asks the crowd to take a step back.

Attendance: 13,355

In St-John.  If I had to guess I'd say there was around 8000 people there.  Lots of buy 1 get one ticket free.  After they played Liquor and whores Axl said that that song made him fell all warm and fuzzy inside.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

yeah the crowd was a bit beat by the time ron's solo happened in toronto...but fuck they didnt even start playing until like 1:30 or some shit and it was a wednesday so people had still go home and work the next day

the couple beside me drove 3 hours and had a sitter at home...the woman goes yeah i figure we'll be home by 11pm...i was like you better call  your sitter cuz he wont even start until after 11

Board footer