You are not logged in. Please register or login.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

Re: Request to GNR concerning their shows.

gnfnraxl wrote:

The Metallica show I went to is available on livemetallica.com and I expected a bootleg quality and I was surprised to hear it was of a pretty good audio quality.  So for the sum of 9.95 I was able to buy the show I attended and put it on cd. And it got me thinking that I wish that I wish that when I went to see GNR in 06 that I could've done the same.  And it's too bad that they do not offer this to the fans this time around.  I mean if I would've gone to one of their shows, it would've been awesome to be able to download it after.  Plus they could make more money there as I'm sure a lot of fans would buy the shows they"ll attend.  Any other bands that does this?

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

gnfnraxl

gnfnraxl wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I would LOVE for GNR to do this.

And I'm willing to bet they won't do it.  Shame really.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

Pearl Jam does it too.  I think Dream Theater has official bootlegs around.

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:

what i would like to see from GNR this time round is the following:

- a bigger, more custom made stage....it was sad to see them on a small stage in 06/07...they're a big band, they need a custom made stage...interesting layout, ups and downs, something which extends into the crowd...all those things...i want to get excited the way U2 fans get excited when they see their setup...

- more interesting use of the screens....i was bored by those in 06/07....either change the shape of them, or have one fucking big one...or whatever else you can think of....but that standard shit...too entry level for me...

- better camera operators...this is a must...not all of us are in the front row, and we have to rely on the screens to see what the band is up to on the stage...and i I'd want to see Ron during the final November Rain solo, and not Tommy....the operators need to be briefed on who plays what in the set, and they must follow them accordingly.

- better pyro....same here, it felt a bit low rent last time round...there is choice out there for some exciting pyro effects and confetti canons, and they could perhaps try and employ something a bit more interesting here too...

overall, I'd like a unique show to GNR only.

EDIT: also, the option to buy/download the show you just went to see is an ace idea...

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

They really need to concentrate on pushing the album. They need to include a copy of CD with a ticket like Prince did, make some news and get some added publicity with it and get on some TV shows and release some singles to put some asses in the seats. I hope this tour is a success. It's going to be tough this time around.

Of course they will do none of this 16

gnfnraxl

gnfnraxl wrote:
elmir wrote:

what i would like to see from GNR this time round is the following:

- a bigger, more custom made stage....it was sad to see them on a small stage in 06/07...they're a big band, they need a custom made stage...interesting layout, ups and downs, something which extends into the crowd...all those things...i want to get excited the way U2 fans get excited when they see their setup...

- more interesting use of the screens....i was bored by those in 06/07....either change the shape of them, or have one fucking big one...or whatever else you can think of....but that standard shit...too entry level for me...

- better camera operators...this is a must...not all of us are in the front row, and we have to rely on the screens to see what the band is up to on the stage...and i I'd want to see Ron during the final November Rain solo, and not Tommy....the operators need to be briefed on who plays what in the set, and they must follow them accordingly.

- better pyro....same here, it felt a bit low rent last time round...there is choice out there for some exciting pyro effects and confetti canons, and they could perhaps try and employ something a bit more interesting here too...

overall, I'd like a unique show to GNR only.

EDIT: also, the option to buy/download the show you just went to see is an ace idea...

And it may sound expensive but I was happy to cough the extra 10 dollars to have this to remember by.  And like I said the audio quality is really good for a bootleg.  Plus Metallica has put up a cd sleeve and  cd covers to print to make it as official as can be.  So really it is quite awesome and I wish more bands would do this.  Plus more cash for them really.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I'd love to be able to download a pro mastered recording of all the shows they play, it would be helluva special to get one of the show you had attended in particular.
I'd love for them to start doing a lot of simple things for the fans as well, open dialogue from time to time, i.e. updating the website, would be a breath of fresh air.
5 weeks tonight till they hit the stage, it would be awesome if they have something up their sleeve to generate some positive publicity.

gnfnraxl

gnfnraxl wrote:
Olorin wrote:

I'd love to be able to download a pro mastered recording of all the shows they play, it would be helluva special to get one of the show you had attended in particular.
I'd love for them to start doing a lot of simple things for the fans as well, open dialogue from time to time, i.e. updating the website, would be a breath of fresh air.
5 weeks tonight till they hit the stage, it would be awesome if they have something up their sleeve to generate some positive publicity.

But they did update the site!  Didn't you see that DJ Ashba has joined the band?  So they updated the site.  Jeez them GNR fans sure are hard to please.  13

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Off topic: DJ Ashba co-wrote November Rain with Paul Huge and Axl.

On topic: I would love to be able to download these shows and would not bat one eye at paying.

Board footer