You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: The Story Behind the CD Cover

metallex78 wrote:

I don't want to question your stories, but maybe you have your dates mixed up.
Steven was still in the band up until 1990, and was very much a part of the band in 1989 as far as we all know. He's not out of place in the Patience film clip so much for that he's not a band member, but more that there are no drums in the song.

Yes, I met him in 1990 too.

He stole Slash's top hat and was sneaking around the hotel in it.

21 16

There isn't even a shot of Slash getting out of bed in Paradise City. It's Steven Adler.

Who wasn't out of the band when the band filmed the video for Patience for that matter.

And there was nothing added to the Welcome To The Videos. Both the VHS and DVD were unedited.

Oh, let's see... You have an explanation for that? What's next?

I'm sorry but I've had enough of things like this. Not trying to (intentionally) be a dick but much like James Lofton I thought that these types had gone into hibernation once and for all.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

I couldn't give a shit if this was true or not. Call me when something leaks, a new album release is announced or they announce tour dates near me.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

DCK and where did you form that opinion absolutely not, no way, is it about an old bike. I told you the story behind the music. Axl has been reported to say himself, it is about a girl and her brother's bicycle. It's well documented on HTGTH. I'm that girl.

It's also been reported that he or some associate of him took the picture in China (Hong Kong maybe), where a fan had scribbled the band name on the wall. He spoke of it in Hong Kong in 2002. HTGTH I wouldn't know about, I don't like the board. If he said it's about an old bike the kudos to you, I would be happy to see documentation. I did some searches thru his online chats, and I saw no reference that the cover is about a girl and her brothers bike from 30 years ago

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

DCK,

I am Stuart Bailey. It is well-documented in GNR Evolution.

As you can see.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Stolat you are just a fucken Aussie with a vivid imagination.

You are the same person that was trying to say that during the 2007 tour when they played November Rain just before the outro solo there was a blue light on stage and this was a message to Slash 18

Here let me refresh you:

There was something that really stood out when I heard November Rain at the Adelaide concert.

Just before the last guitar solo (the outro), Axl stopped singing, the band stopped playing and I though to myself. Oh, aren't they going to play the outro. Surely not!

Suddenly, the stage lights went down and a second later, the stage was bathed in a deep blue light. There was a pause and then the song picked up again and the outro was played.

Now, in any stage production you just don't use lights willy nilly. Lighting is used to add to the performance.

So what was the significance of the blue light? And the obvious pause before the outro?

Having spent some time here prior to the concert, my brain just went "oh, The Blues"..........a message for Slash maybe?

Did any one else notice this at the concerts?

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/boar … ic=48308.0

Nuff said 16

DCK just to clarify - yes, the photo of the cover was taken in China recently.

However, why Axl chose to put a bicycle on the cover - is a direct reference to the story behind Rocket Queen.

If you want to visit HTGTH, read the threads, The Significance of the CD cover and Help on Rocket Queen and Patience - Jarmo has included the documentation in these articles. The thing about HTGTH, there is alot of information on the site.

AxlS - if you don't give a shit about the CD cover then don't post in the thread - that is called trolling. Also, you'll be waiting a long time for anymore leaks. Ain't gonna happen. But the good news is that the band is up and touring. 22

BTW, The whole Paradise City Film clip is edited!

BTW, Aussie, if you read the whole thread alot of it was done in fun. We were joking around. If you get to the end of it, there is a post that relates back to it being a message to someone, Barbi Von Grief perhaps?

That would be me.

An aussie without a sense of humour. roll

Barbi (Stolat) Von Grief wrote:

The whole Paradise City Film clip is edited!

What the hell is it that you're trying to say?

Of course it was edited together back in 1988, but there was NOTHING added to the VHS and/or DVD of Welcome To The Videos.

Hence unedited! But that's what you're claiming. That a snippet of you filmed in 1990 was somehow thrown into an edited version of Paradise City.

That's just crazy... And you know it. The funny thing is that this is the least weird claim in the thread.

Oh, I wrote Don't Cry.

Look dude, before I hit the Ignore Your Post Button.

I am in the Paradise City Film clip FACT.

I didn't say anything about Slash getting up out of bed, I simply say when he wakes up. He has his face in the pillow. Then there is the next frame that I am in. I was there.

You immediately jumped to some conclusion - but its not Slash its Steven who GETS UP OUT of Bed. I never said that. I think its you who needs to get your facts right. As I said alot of the Guns N' Roses stuff is showbiz - tricks of the trade.

It seems to me that you are arguing for the sake of arguing. Without really thinking about it.

Your first post was oh, Stolat I don't think so - and its been pretty much negative since then. I'm not interested with debating facts with you.

If you guys don't want to believe that the actual Barbi Von Grief is posting here and trying to communicate with fans, then that is your loss. Just ignore my posts OK, if it's too much for you to handle.

I guess you think that TIL is about Stephanie too. Your loss.

Board footer