You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Re: Jack White turned down Slash collaboration

Intercourse wrote:

wasted opportunity indeed. Jack sure can write a riff and vocal line.
This could have been one of Slash's real winners...
Damn..
I wonder how many others turned him down to sing on the album?

Anyone who puts 'Axl' and one of these 16 should go play with the traffic 21

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Slash states in the original article:

"Pretty much everyone else that I went after I managed to get"

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

Jack White Turned Down Slash’s Request to Sing on Solo Album

Slash has recruited an impressive roster of guest musicians to appear on Slash & Friends, the Velvet Revolver guitarist’s 2010 solo album. Pals like Dave Grohl, Flea, Chris Cornell, the Pussycat Dolls’ Nicole Scherzinger and pretty much every Guns n’ Roses member not named Axl Rose will make appearances on the LP. However, Slash revealed that one guy he really wanted to work with rebuffed him: The White Stripes/Raconteurs/Dead Weather’s Jack White.

“I wanted to get Jack White to sing on something, but he didn’t want to sing,” Slash told Musicradar.com. “He said ‘I’ll play drums, I’ll play guitar, but I don’t wanna sing.’ He was one guy that I wanted to work with. Pretty much everyone else that I went after I managed to get.”

While White opted out, Slash was reportedly able to recruit another of Michigan’s most musical native sons, Iggy Pop, plus artists like Fergie, Cypress Hill, Alice Cooper, Ozzy Osbourne, Meat Loaf and Maroon 5’s Adam Levine. As Rolling Stone previously reported, Slash also found time in his busy schedule to appear on someone else’s album, contributing guitar to Rihanna’s “Rockstar 101″ on Rated R.

According to Slash’s Twitter, the guitarist recorded the final track for his solo album yesterday and Alter Bridge singer Myles Kennedy handled vocals. “Record will be completely done this month,” Slash promises. In addition to a November 16th appearance on the new Lopez Tonight, Slash & Friends will perform at a fundraiser for the Los Angeles Youth Nation at Hollywood’s Avalon Theater on November 22nd. Slash’s friends that night will include Ozzy Osbourne, Billy Idol, Wolfmother’s Andrew Stockdale, Linkin Park’s Chester Bennington, Dave Navarro and Travis Barker.

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/i … olo-album/

-------------------

Meatloaf?   Oh hell yeah, this album just went up another notch in my book.

Brett
 Rep: 20 

Brett wrote:

Slash's solo album will be the only new album I'm going to want to purchase for a long while. I think it has tremendous potential to be as good as Chinese Democracy.

The album is gonna be cool.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Maybe I'm being a stick in the mud but Alice (even though I worship the original band), Adam Levine, Meat Loaf and Cypress Hill don't have me excited. It sounds like their will be more than a few throw aways. But it does sound like there's a huge chance for hits and I really hope Slash gets them.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

I'm definitely interested to see what the Meatloaf collaboration sounds like!

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
misterID wrote:

Maybe I'm being a stick in the mud but Alice (even though I worship the original band), Adam Levine, Meat Loaf and Cypress Hill don't have me excited. It sounds like their will be more than a few throw aways. But it does sound like there's a huge chance for hits and I really hope Slash gets them.

I agree, but every album has filler anyway. At least there's diversity. Couldn't imagine Maroon 5 guy singing with Slash. It'd be cool if it was a rocker to see if he can pull it off, but I think it will be tailor made to be a Top 40 song a la Rob Thomas/Santana with "Smooth". A chick song. Hope it's not a carbon copy ripoff of it.

Cypress Hill could be interesting, they're early stuff was cool. Could be terrible though.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

like many of you i honestly believe that  this could be anything from a killer album to a 'meh' to an absolute turd of galactic proportions, I cannot bet on which..

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Yeah, usually when I think that way, it just comes out exactly as I expect. I think I'll like it, some hits, some misses. One or two hidden gems.

Board footer