You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Website updated with tour dates (South America)

Neemo wrote:

yeah i bought tickets to Hamilton cuz it was the only weekend show near me...if they change thats pretty stupid, cuz i have freinds attending London and would've picked that if i was stuck with a weekday show anyway

in anycase though its not really that big of deal for me as Hamilton's venue is about 15 minutes from my house 16

but yeah if someone booked a plane trip to Japan or something and they move ot ahead a couple days that will blow

can anyone get an answer what shows he's talkin about? cuz from what i've seen the SA gigs havenet even been named as of yet so i dont see how fernandos statement could pertain to them hmm

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Aussie wrote:

I looked at the thread and couldn't tell which dates specifically Fernando was referring to as unconfirmed??

I would assume that legally they probably can't just start another official website because of the contract with MLB with the current site - otherwise that would be the easiest solution.

Somebody listed the cities, some venues and dates of the South American tour.  Fernando was simply responding that those cities, venues, and dates that WERE posted weren't 100% officially confirmed.  That's all.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
russtcb wrote:
faldor wrote:
Aussie wrote:

I looked at the thread and couldn't tell which dates specifically Fernando was referring to as unconfirmed??

I would assume that legally they probably can't just start another official website because of the contract with MLB with the current site - otherwise that would be the easiest solution.

Somebody listed the cities, some venues and dates of the South American tour.  Fernando was simply responding that those cities, venues, and dates that WERE posted weren't 100% officially confirmed.  That's all.

Yeah and again, it seemed like a nice thing to do to me. The SA dates start in March and a bunch of people made travel plans for all the other shows. So it seemed like a nice gesture to make sure no one gets screwed on SA travel.

But somehow people find this to be a bad thing?

Russ it is a nice thing but coming from GNR you can't blame the fans for jumping the gun here.  Seriously I would not be surprised if this tour got cancelled.  And I wouldn't be if it happens.  Thing is with GNR and Axl is that you have to expect that the tour can and could be scraped especially with a message like this.  History shows that Axl has no qualms on canceling tours.

AtariLegend wrote:

You really would be awesome as a speech writter, just awesome ^.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

You really would be awesome as a speech writter, just awesome ^.

I'm sorry but English is not my first language.

TSI
 Rep: 2 

TSI wrote:

Some people are never satisfied-

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
TSI wrote:

I have to say something about this.

I like to think of myself as positive about the new band.

I've told anyone who'll listen how I think bumble is freakishly good  on guitar, how excited I am about what Ashba brings to the band, how much I love Chinese Democracy and so on.

But despite all that, I don't think it can be denied that for whatever reason, (and to be honest I wouldn't pretend to know why) , although the music of the band is first rate, the business end of the band is just plain not being handled well.

I don't even need to list why in detail , it's self evident: the lack of videos, the silence, the delays,  the problems at every step. GNR is a major brand both historically, and by reputation still today, for whatever reason things just always seem to be given less respect or quality treatment than they deserve. Almost every time!

Getting the official dates onto the interent isn't a hard thing to get done. There's a dozen ways they could do it. There's unoffical people like jarmo who would even gladly diseminate whatever the band wanted easily.

When many of us support the band despite the MAJOR fuck ups from the business end, that even a simple thing like this has been so badly handed really is almost comically absurd. Of course peopel are rolling their eyes at this one - yes - it's not that big of a deal - but i think many fans are simply scratching their heads at this point wondering who is working for GNR that can possibly keep screwing it up to this extent - that even the simpilist tasks fuel drama and problems.

Yes, I agree some people will never be pleased with the band, but as someone who loves the new album, and respects the new line up, I also need to say, this isn't that situation. This is a case of people just saying "FOR THE LOVE OF GOD GET THE BUSINESS SIDE OF THIS SHIT SORTED OUT". For the sake of everyone, band, fans - everyone!

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:
TSI wrote:

I agree with Monkeychow I don't think this is a major issue although it is yet another incident in a long string of almost comedic screw ups.  I'm sure GNR could find a way to make it complicated to go down to the corner store and buy milk.

As for the "some people are never satisfied" - I agree, people will pick the shit out of anything they do - nothing will be good enough for some.

But, at the same time there are quite a lot of GNR fans with Battered Wife Syndrome!!!!

Board footer