You are not logged in. Please register or login.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

Re: Axl being sued for $1.8M by Front Line Management

DCK wrote:

I'm not sure I buy that.

If I would enter such a deal, I would make sure the cards were laid out, so I knew what I would be getting. I don't think for one sec a business guy like Azoff didn't know what he was getting when he signed up. I'm more certain he joined up because he saw a profit on Chinese Democracy...most likely in regards to the Best Buy deal or whatever he had laid out - which would mean profit regardless of copies sold.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

The source is TMZ (who tend to be a bunch of little bitches) but FWIW here is the article:

Axl Rose has allegedly been hogging some of Guns 'N Roses' profits -- and now one company says it's looking to get its hands on his money, honey.

Front Line Management claims it was hired to be Axl's personal manager in 2008 -- and was promised a 15% cut of all the cash Guns N' Roses raked in ... but never got a penny.

In the lawsuit, filed in L.A County Superior Court, Front Line claims the band made in excess of $12,470,000 while performing throughout Asia, Canada and South America.

The company says it wants at least $1,870,500.

Calls to Axl's people have not been returned.

http://www.tmz.com/2010/03/25/axl-rose- … anagement/

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Here is a similar article from Associated Press too:

http://m.apnews.com/ap/db_15996/content … d=zkvXdfvy

Certainly seems like Ax and Azoff didn't part ways on very good terms.

Arcade Roses
 Rep: 5 

Arcade Roses wrote:
RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Sky Dog wrote:

Not good to piss off the guy who runs the biggest concert promotion business in the world.

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:

Oral agreement?

I'm gonna have to take a wait-and-see approach to this one, before I chime in with my 2 cents.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Fat-Drunk wrote:

Oral agreement?

I'm gonna have to take a wait-and-see approach to this one, before I chime in with my 2 cents.

Maybe Azoff doesn't give good head?  I hope he wasn't a spitter....

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Fat-Drunk wrote:

Oral agreement?

Yeah, it'd be a joke if they didn't sing any paper. Azoff did a lot for Axl, he deserves money for it, although it wouldn't be the first case when Axl Rose forgot to pay for what he 'bought'. A painting and a very expensive car comes to my mind, when Axl got sued in the last few years.
Anyway, it can also be an attempt from Azoff to take some revenge and piss off Axl. Waiting for a Twitter rant 16

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:

In other news ...

This is from the new issue of Classic Rock, from an article with readers' questions for KISS:

Is Doc McGhee still you manager, as I heard he was managing Guns N' Roses?

Paul Stanley: That's been very funny. A few weeks ago I said to Doc: "It would've been nice if you'd told us." Doc replied: "I had nothing to to do with it." Axl has decided, from what I understand, that Doc is his manager. That's a one-way agreement. because Doc is not managing Guns N' Roses. One day he certainly might but he's not right now. And he definitely is still our manager.

(found on HTGTH)

Board footer