You are not logged in. Please register or login.

julia (babydolls)
 Rep: 6 

Re: What are you reading/last book you read?

Am near the end of Darkly Dreaming Dexter by Jeff Lindsay.  I havent seen the series, so cant comment on that - but the book is a good read. It's quite amusing in places - i wouldnt shout to recommend it, but its a good read on the tube to work each day.

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:

I finished I Am America (And So Can You) by Stephen Colbert last weekend.  It was pretty funny and entirely ridiculous.  Needless to say, I wasn't disappointed.  I recommend it as a lighthearted, satirically toned read.

Next on my list is Rick Mercer Report: The Book.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
julia (babydolls) wrote:

Am near the end of Darkly Dreaming Dexter by Jeff Lindsay.  I havent seen the series, so cant comment on that - but the book is a good read. It's quite amusing in places - i wouldnt shout to recommend it, but its a good read on the tube to work each day.

that on my short list of books to read..the series is phenominal

Backslash wrote:

I finished I Am America (And So Can You) by Stephen Colbert last weekend.  It was pretty funny and entirely ridiculous.  Needless to say, I wasn't disappointed.  I recommend it as a lighthearted, satirically toned read.

stephan colbert is a familiar name..where is he from?

as for rick mercer...hes pretty funny i dunno if i would read his book though, but speaking of satirical humor...i got this book called Who in Hell and its about all these famous people and why the went to hell after they died...like hitler and stuff....it was pretty amusing to read

the book im reading right now is Elantris byt Brandon Sanderson...he's actually gonna take over the series of my favorite author (Robert Jordan) cuz jordan passed away mid way through writing the final novel of his massive 12 book series (it started in 1989 and the last book is due in december 2008,sound familiar? 16 ) anwy ai've been reading the series since it began adn sincethis guy was announce to be finishing the book i figured that i'd read somethign that he has wrote so i know what to expect style wise..its ok so far...oh yeah its a fantasy book magic and all that crap

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:
Neemo wrote:
Backslash wrote:

stephan colbert is a familiar name..where is he from?

Colbert is the guy from The Colbert Report.  It's a show that directly parodies Fox News' O'Reilly Factor.  It airs on the Comedy Network after The Daily Show with John Stewart.  He was a correspondent on The Daily Show before they gave him his own show.  At one point last year, he announced he was running for president, which resulted in a campaign that ended in him not being included on the South Carolina ballot.

The book is all about Colbert's ideal America and how it can be achieved.  It expresses blatant extremist ideas in order to emphasize their foolishness.

As for the Mercer book, it's just a compilation of his rants from the past few years of his show.  Should be a fun read.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

The Hellfire Club, Peter Straub's best work since Ghost Story.

luckylittlelady
 Rep: 20 

luckylittlelady wrote:

I've just finished Eyes Of The Dragon by Stephen King and just started on Wolves Of The Calla (same author)

Been a few years since I last read the Dark Tower series, hoping I can pick it up again ok.  Am enjoying it so far anyway.

I finished all the Dark Tower books a while back and thought they were superb.  Not too sure what to make of the ending though.

Right now I am reading One For My Baby by Tony Parsons.

the_real_jessica
 Rep: 22 

I'm re reading the pile of psychologies magazines stocked up in the toilets.:haha::laugh:

Board footer