You are not logged in. Please register or login.

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

Re: Dr. Alibi & Baby Can't Drive

TheMole wrote:

Longer clips of Dr. Alibi and Baby Can't Drive have been posted, still not the full songs but definitely enough to get an idea for them (no solo's though)

I really don't like Dr. Alibi. It's ok as a background tune, it's almost like some form of rock elevator music... so uninspired I'm actaully wondering if that's all he could come up with for Lemmy. "Dunnah dunnah dunnah duh", all song long over a G-C-F-G chord progression and no riff to carry it whatsoever.

As for Baby can't drive, that one has a very cool groove. I actually like Alice's vocals on this one for a change. Nicole's not too bad either, but her voice is processed as hell so it's probably been a classic ProTools job on that one. The main riff in the left channel is earily similar to Anything Goes tough, very similar. Slash doesn't have writing credit on Anything Goes, so either Izzy was involved in this one, Slash did write the original riff that carries the song or Slash got inspired by Izzy's playing. I'm inclined to go for option nr 2, it sounds distinctively Slash enough. Either way, I like this one, cool tune. Nothing original, but solid nonetheless. One thing I found funny that this is the one tune on which Steven is drumming and it starts out with a fuckin' cowbell! Priceless wink

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

You summed it up pretty good.  Dr. Alibi sounds alright to me.  Was never a big Lemmy fan, so I didn't have huge expectations.  Pretty much what I expected, if not exceeded.  "Baby Can't Drive" does sound like the catchier tune.  I think I originally said I had NO interest in hearing that song because it had a Pussycat Doll on it.  Well, I think I'd like to retract that statement.  Especially as a bonus song, seems like it'll fit just fine.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

hate pussycat dolls... what a waste of Adler and Flea on same track

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Cant find if it has its own thread but Baby Cant Drive is utter shite, the lyrics are appalling and cringeworthy.

Dr Alibi is ok, Lemmy's mere presence can always give a song merit though. Shame about Alice all the same, I like that guy.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah Dr Alibi is one of my favs on the album, the lyrics are funny and very appliciable to slash/lemmy, and the solo is short but very cool.

Board footer