You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil - April 4, 2010 (Praça da Apoteose)

RussTCB wrote:

removed

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
war wrote:

my guess is, everyone, in gnr (axl included) would rather do 20 different songs every show but are doing what works the best for the fans. to me, that's the way it should be.

OMG. So this is the PERFECT setlist. That's what I call fanboyism. Any musician with an ounce of self-respect (not to mention the respect towards the fans) would be bored of playing the same shit every night. There's no challenge and no joy in that. GN'R's doing it only shows how 'ambitious' Axl is and what he thinks of the fans.

That:

We get it.  Nobody in GNR has any self respect and could care less about the fans.  Point taken.

Maybe they play the songs they feel the most comfortable playing?  I saw a video on youtube with some South American fan asking Ron if they'd play "Cather In The Rye" that night.  And Ron responded that the songs they played all depended on how Axl's voice/throat was feeling.

While I'd LOVE to hear TWAT more often, I can't argue with the fact that the song is quite difficult for Axl to pull off live.

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:

I was told by a friend of mine who managed to get backstage in Montreal that the guys in the band explained to him that they would like to mix up the setlist more, but Axl isn't as interested.

The explanation had something to do with choreography, pyro, and Axl knowing when to run where.

:shrugs:

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
war wrote:

my guess is, everyone, in gnr (axl included) would rather do 20 different songs every show but are doing what works the best for the fans. to me, that's the way it should be.

OMG. So this is the PERFECT setlist. That's what I call fanboyism. Any musician with an ounce of self-respect (not to mention the respect towards the fans) would be bored of playing the same shit every night. There's no challenge and no joy in that. GN'R's doing it only shows how 'ambitious' Axl is and what he thinks of the fans.

That:

apparently anyone that doesn't bitch about unimportant stuff like gnr set lists in a world full of bigger issues, is a "fan boy". why do you care if the musicians like it or not? - that's on them. their job is to please the fans - not themselves. and i could care less what songs they play when im not there as long as the highest percentage of fans that were there, leave happy. everyone else complaining about the set list for shows that they are not attending need to get a life. i agree with axlin that if the set list isn't more cd heavy when the tour comes your way - you don't have to go. i probably won't, myself, but i understand that i am in the minority by hoping for more cd songs when most of the people that are going to the show are hoping for the songs they are familiar with.

war

war wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I mentioned maybe moving a song or two around, or adding something rare and it all gets turned into this.

Unbelievable.

yes, you should be ashamed. you know better.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

nobody said the setlist was perfect ...

KIKO2K
 Rep: 5 

KIKO2K wrote:
Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Russ watch that and tell me how you think DJ does on the solo...

war

war wrote:

axl always nails that song minus the final part which wasn't on that clip.
DJ's version of the finck solo is almost perfect - getting better each time.

KIKO2K
 Rep: 5 

KIKO2K wrote:
war wrote:

axl alway nails that song minus the final part which wasn't on that clip.
DJ's version of the finck solo is almost perfect - getting better each time.

What final part ?! its the full song on the clip dude wtf....:/

Jungle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p33z7ADm … re=related

I was at the show AXl sounded fuckingfantastic !:mosh:

Board footer